@K5S142 @Yagworm @CodeX13579 @NyxGeminio @Can Perk @GuidoMista7 @Xavtheking @StarlighPlayz
A Folkloric Fate is a unique ability that a sentient being gains in this universe.
Two powerful forces had absorbed all forms of magic; there is still a mystical essence within all sentient life. This essence can manifest itself mysteriously in dreams. People, as they sleep, can sometimes see lives, adventures, and lessons from people and places they never knew existed. Dreaming these sorts of things is nothing new, but when someone feels a real connection to a certain kind of dream, their inner magic springs forth as their Folkloric Fate. So this power can happen anytime a person falls asleep.
1. Each ability has a unique strength and weakness.
2. A character can combine their F.Fate with their "Race" ability(s) to form Symbiotic Talents. Creativity is crucial, and yes, there will be unique races in this world, but that will be for another teaser.
Now, weaknesses are a different story. Other than the inherent weakness(es) of specific F. Fate, they all have common drawbacks.
1. Must act or live by what their F.Fate represents.
1. If they, don't the effects are negated.
2. You cannot activate their power.
3. Any passive buffs negated.
2. Destinies are based on their ability.
1. From the point that a character gets an F.Fate, events will happen according to their power.
2. This could include:
1. Who your spouse/lover is?
2. How you die, or your current existence end?
3. Who are your enemies?
4. What adventure/jobs you will take
3. Intense Magical Energy can make them act up or not work properly.
My character's Folkloric Fates is Artificial Kid-Mechanical.
Based on ATU 703* The Artificial Child. If you chose ATU, you could make a subcategory so that another player can have the same type but with a different subcategory.
This ability allows the user's body to have mechanical properties and characteristics. His muscles can become pistons, his veins can become tubes, while the finger can become a nuzzle, and his eyes can become flashlights. It is like Sasori from Naruto, but his body can become any basic or mechanical tool and can go back to normal. Any mechanical parts that are damaged can be repaired and do not transmit damage to the user. Its unique weaknesses are that he cannot have traits similar to weapons because that should be his own subcategory. The only way for the user to access this power is by being emotionless like a machine. Any sign of emotion will deactivate. His fate will most likely be that he will become a non-sentient machine thoroughly, immediately killing him. That is one possible fate based on his ability.
1. A person can only lose their ability when they are dead.
2. Folkloric Fates are called that because the people believed the dreams that trigger felt like stories from a whimsical era. Fates because of the weaknesses of these abilities.
3. There is a way for an F.Fate more powerful, but that will be discussed in another teaser later.
That is what a Folkloric Fate is. Here is a link to the website with the list of ATU categories. Fair Warning, there are almost 2400 categories to choose from. What would be your or your character when I actually make the RP be?