- "We conceive of immortality as having a beginning, but no end; but we conceive of eternity as having neither beginning nor end. Hence it is proper to speak of eternity as the attribute of God, but of immortality as the attribute of man."
- ― HORACE MANN, Thoughts
- "Time... Time flows by us like water. The ages pass until we are weary, so weary of life. Everything we create is destroyed, the lands we love are upturned. Mortal man may pass beyond this world, even if they do not know what lies there, but the elves... the elves must stay. You are about to face something, Ancanar, that may require stronger faith then you now have. Death... death is a gift."
- ― Finlome (Ancanar)
- Banned from Death/Dying
- Complete/Eternal/Godly/Meta/Omnipotent/Perfect/Pure/Total/True Immortality
- Endless/Infinite Life
- Endlessness Entity
- Eternal/Unkillable Physiology
- Imperishable Existence
- True Unkillability
The user is absolutely immortal, and cannot die, age, get sick, be permanently wounded, is absolutely self-sustained and, as their mind and soul are as immortal as their biological bodies, they are immune to mental/spiritual damage. Any injuries the user suffers will immediately heal, even if the user's body is disintegrated or blown up or completely erased and even if the user is completely destroyed to the sub-atomic level, they will still return to life. Alternately, some users are absolutely immune to all harm, and can never die from any natural causes. Either way, they cannot be erased out of existence and are unaffected by the manipulation/alteration of time.
The user's existence and soul become completely free and independent of even the concept of reality, making them unbound to the subjects of life, death, and manipulations. User's existence is eternal to the point that they would not only continue to exist even after the end of time but would also remain completely unaffected and unchanged by it, essentially outliving time itself. Also, the power cannot be removed by any means. Overall, only a truly Omnipotent being can kill the user, thus rendering their immortality truly perfect and absolute.
- Absolute Invulnerability
- Absolute Life-Force
- Absolute Survivability
- Environmental Adaptation
- Mental Continuation
- Meta Regeneration
- Meta Resurrection
- Mind Anchoring
- Perfect Life Preservation
- Power Anchoring
- Unbound Soul
- Absolute Reincarnation
- Concept-Dependent Immortality
- Death Removal
- Emotion-Connective Immortality
- Flawless Indestructibility
- Life and Death Transcendence
- Spatial-Temporal Lock
- Absolute Condition
- Absolute Respawning
- Conceptual Transcendence
- Immortality Manipulation
- Life Transcendence
- Ultimate Invincibility
- Omnipotent beings can kill users regardless of their immortality being "absolute".
- Can be sealed in an empty dimension with no chance to escape.
- User may still be able to feel pain.
- Inability to die may cause user to descend into boredom and madness with the endless time.
- Nonexistence can erase the user.
See Also: Complete Immortality.
- Fruit from the Tree of Life (Biblical Mythology)
- Hōgyoku (Bleach)
- Super Dragon Balls (Dragon Ball)
- Hōrai Elixir (Touhou Project)