The user can lock/unlock and/or activate/deactivate any/every device/system of security (latches, levers, knobs, handles, bolts, rigs, ropes, etc.) that can be used as the method to lock a gate, door or window.
- Absolute Access
- Access Manipulation
- Door Manipulation
- Key Manipulation
- Lock Manipulation
- Access and Occlusion is rarely a persons only power, so it is often used sparingly.
- Often needs to be in contact or very close quarters with locking device.
- Function Impairment might render a door lock inoperable even when it should be.
- Some security systems/devices may be imbued with a counter-measure that prevents them from being unlocked.
- Sonic Screwdrivers (Doctor Who)
- Hand of Glory (European Folklore)
- Keyblade (Kingdom Hearts)
- Sonic Lipstick (Sarah Jack Adventures)