- "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
- ― Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols
- Adaptive Healing Factor/Self-Healing
The user can regenerate and adapt in response to bodily harm, anything from becoming less prone to scratches to being impossible to cut, a slight immune system boost to becoming invulnerable to any biologically debilitating conditions or even increasing their own power in response to a stronger opponent, from extremes such as a brief regenerative boost to even becoming immune to being killed the same way twice, this can be triggered from virtually any damage as long as it can be regenerated regardless of the method.
In short, if it causes harm it is adapted against and compensated for.
- Damage Memorization
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Layered Durability
- Reactive Adaptation
- Regenerative Empowerment
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Selective Invulnerability/Nigh Invulnerability
- Abilities that can kill the user instantly (i.e, Death Inducement, Disintegration, Destruction, etc.) or before the regeneration is completed can bypass the adaptations.
- May be vulnerable to specific types of attacks.
- May be limited to the number of adaptations possible causing old adaptations to be replaced with new ones.
- May be temporary.
- Waylon Jones/Killer Croc (Batman: Arkham)
- Reidak (BIONICLE)
- Doomsday (DC Comics)
- Mondas Cybermen (Doctor Who)
- Meta Cooler (Dragon Ball Z: The Return of Cooler)
- Aza Chōbē (Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku)
- Snake Yokai (Isuca); via Body Shedding
- Freak (Marvel Comics)
- SCP-682 - Hard-to-Destroy Reptile (SCP Foundation)
- The Borg (Star Trek)
- Heracles (TYPE-MOON); via God's Hand
- Crawler (Worm)
- Dora Antaeus (Zyuranger)