- "You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."
- ― Zuko to Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- "Only once every hundred years can a firebender experience this kind of power."
- ― Iroh commenting on the power granted by Sozin's Comet (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
The power to gain strength from something, or when a certain event occurs. Combination of Power Augmentation and Enhanced Condition. Lesser version of Omni-Empowerment. Opposite to Charging and Aversion.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Major Affinities
- 5 Affinities
- 6 Associations
- 7 Limitations
- 8 Known Users
- 9 Known Natural Occurrences
- 10 Known Artifacts
- 11 Gallery
The user become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they come in contact with a certain object, event, or emotion, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers (E.g.: those with Water Affinity may be able to unlock Water Manipulation when they are in a large body of water). Some users may be able draw sustenance from their affinity or even slow or stop aging.
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Self-Power Augmentation
- Emotion Empowerment
- Environmental Empowerment
- Fundamental Forces Empowerment
- Inorganic Empowerment
- Organic Empowerment
- Planetary Empowerment
- Sin Empowerment
- Self Empowerment
- Universal Force Empowerment
- Virtue Empowerment
- Commonly accompanied by some form of Absorption.
- Affinity Manipulation
- May accompany some form of detection in order to know when their affinity is close.
- Self Power Link
- Loss of power without the affinity around or from going without contact with the affinity for an extended period.
- May be limited on the amount of strength you gain.
- May overload from absorbing too much.
- May be weakened by the opposing affinity.
- May not be able to choose which Affinity you have.
- May be limited to one affinity only.
- Constant use of Affinity may increase dependency.
- Weak to Affinity Negation.
Known Natural Occurrences
- Limbo (Charmed); expands magical powers and transcends laws of physics
- The Nexus of the All (Charmed); maximizes all powers
- The Nexus of the Halliwell Manor (Charmed); intensifies all magical powers
- Yellow Sun (DC Comics); grants Kryptonians and Daxamites supernatural powers
- Full Moon (Various franchise); werewolves are at their strongest and most volatile state
- Natural elements (Various franchise); empowers someone with elemental powers
- Emphyreal Sword (Charmed); strengthens whitelighters
- Deadly Virus (Charmed); temporarily strengthens all magical creatures before killing them
- Moon pool (H2O: Just Add Water/Mako: Island of Secrets)
- Silver Crystal (Sailor Moon)
- Humpty Lock (Shugo Chara); grants Amu Hinamori powers
- Dumpty Key (Shugo Chara); grants Ikuto Tsukiyomi powers
- Fairy blood (True Blood); vampires become resistant to fairy magic after drinking fairy blood
- Serpens Clavem (Witches of East End); strengthens witches whilst corrupting them