- "You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."
- ― Zuko to Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they come in contact with a certain object, event, or emotion, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers (E.g.: those with Water Affinity may be able to unlock Water Manipulation when they are in a large body of water). Some users may be able draw sustenance from their affinity or even slow or stop aging.
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Self-Power Augmentation
- Emotion Empowerment
- Environmental Empowerment
- Fundamental Forces Empowerment
- Inorganic Empowerment
- Organic Empowerment
- Planetary Empowerment
- Sin Empowerment
- Universal Force Empowerment
- Virtue Empowerment
- Commonly accompanied by some form of Absorption.
- May accompany some form of detection in order to know when their affinity is close.
- Self Power Link
- Loss of power without the affinity around or from going without contact with the affinity for an extended period.
- May be limited on the amount of strength you gain.
- May overload from absorbing too much.
- May be weakened by the opposing affinity.
- May not be able to choose which Affinity you have.
- May be limited to one affinity only.
- Constant use of Affinity may increase dependency.
Known Natural Occurrences
- Limbo (Charmed); expands magical powers and transcends laws of physics
- The Nexus of the All (Charmed); maximizes all powers
- The Nexus of the Halliwell Manor (Charmed); intensifies all magical powers
- Yellow Sun (DC Comics); grants Kryptonians and Daxamites supernatural powers
- Full Moon (Various franchise); werewolves are at their strongest and most volatile state
- Natural elements (Various franchise); empowers someone with elemental powers
- The Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu (Lego Ninjago Masters of Spinjitzu)
- Emphyreal Sword (Charmed); strengthens whitelighters
- Deadly Virus (Charmed); temporarily strengthens all magical creatures before killing them
- Moon pool (H2O: Just Add Water/Mako: Island of Secrets)
- Silver Crystal (Sailor Moon)
- Humpty Lock (Shugo Chara); grants Amu Hinamori powers
- Dumpty Key (Shugo Chara); grants Ikuto Tsukiyomi powers
- Fairy blood (True Blood); vampires become resistant to fairy magic after drinking fairy blood
- Serpens Clavem (Witches of East End); strengthens witches whilst corrupting them