- "Air is the element of freedom."
- ― Iroh (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- "...You got that right, I am the wind... that will rip your head off, bitch."
- ― Sanemi Shinazugawa (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- "This new chaos confounds us. We must fling it into our winds, our storms. These we can control."
- ― Celestial Purge; flavour text (Magic: The Gathering)
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Techniques
- 5 Variations
- 6 Associations
- 7 Limitations
- 8 Known Users
- 9 Known Items
- 10 Known Spells
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Video
- Air/Wind Arts
- Air Bending
- Air Control
- Air Element Control
- Atmosphere Control/Manipulation
- Atmospheric Gas Manipulation
- Wind Control/Manipulation
- Wind Release/Fūton (Naruto)
- Wind Mode (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Battle Tendency)
The user can create, shape and manipulate air, the common name given to the layer of atmospheric gases and various compounds (mostly oxygen and nitrogen) surrounding the planet Earth that is retained by Earth's gravity, and possibly wind, movement of air relative to the surface of the planet. It is an important factor in determining and controlling climate and weather, and the generating force of most ocean and freshwater waves. Wind occurs because of horizontal and vertical differences in atmospheric pressure, and include breezes, squalls, gusts, whirlwinds, zephyrs, gales, tempests, and hurricanes.
Since air cannot be seen by conventional methods, neither can the attacks and derivatives formed by/from it, making it an invisible and versatile weapon that is very difficult to block and dodge.
- Aerokinetic Constructs
- Aero-Telekinesis by controlling the air around objects.
- Air Attacks
- Air Detection
- Air Generation/Wind Generation
- Air Interaction
- Air Negation
- Air Pressure Generation
- Air Purification
- Air Solidification
- Atmospheric Adaptation
- Electrical Immunity by using the air to insulate electricity.
- Enhanced Senses using air/wind:
- Enhanced Speed by reducing air resistance and using pressurized air for propulsion.
- Manipulate the properties of air/wind.
- Pressure Manipulation via controlling air molecules.
- Tornado Manipulation
- Accelerated Rotation by spinning in a tornado-like manner.
- Aerokinetic Combat
- Aerokinetic Invisibility by manipulating air densities to refract EM radiation such as light.
- Aerokinetic Regeneration
- Air Absorption
- Air Aura
- Air Current Sense
- Air Defense
- Air Empowerment
- Air Mimicry
- Air Portal Creation
- Air Transmutation
- Deoxygenation by removing the oxygen in the atmosphere.
- Electricity Generation - by using/compressing air current friction.
- Enhanced Breath
- Explosion Inducement by causing the air pressure inside an object to expand.
- Healing Wind
- Jet Propulsion via compressed air pressure.
- Purification of the air by removing hazardous molecules.
- Rot Inducement by oxidizing the target's area.
- Sound Absorption/Nullification by keeping air still.
- Sound Amplification by increasing vibration of airwaves.
- Air Embodiment
- Air Magic
- Bio-Air Manipulation
- Bubble Manipulation (when combined with water)
- Cold Air Manipulation
- Cosmic Wind Manipulation
- Dark Wind Manipulation
- Death Air Manipulation
- Demonic Wind Manipulation
- Conceptual Wind Manipulation
- Empathic Air Manipulation
- Esoteric Wind Manipulation
- Helium Manipulation
- Hydrogen Manipulation
- Hot Air Manipulation
- Neon Manipulation
- Nitrogen Manipulation
- Oxygen Manipulation
- Primordial Air Manipulation
- Psychic Air Manipulation
- Pure Wind Manipulation
- Smoke Manipulation
- Spatial Wind Manipulation
- Spiritual Air Manipulation
- Vacuum Manipulation
- Vapor Manipulation
- Aerial Adaptation
- Aerial Combat Mastery
- Aerokinetic Immunity
- Air Boundary
- Airwave Manipulation
- Cloud Manipulation by manipulating clouds of atmospheric gas.
- Electricity Manipulation by manipulating atoms in the air to make the necessary ionization in order to produce electricity.
- Elemental Manipulation
- Erosion Manipulation
- Gas Manipulation
- Illusion Manipulation by manipulating air molecules through endomorphism in order to produce any kind of image of the user's choice.
- Nigh-Omniscience towards everything related to air.
- Oxygen Independence
- Plasma Manipulation by compressing the air.
- Primordial Sky Manipulation
- Sky Manipulation
- Sound Manipulation by controlling the air molecules' vibrations.
- Weather Manipulation by controlling both hot and cold air.
- Vibration Manipulation by controlling air molecule movements.
- Wood Manipulation in Asian elements.
As one of the classical elements, Air is associated with:
- Aerokinetic Immunity
- May be unable to create air/wind, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- Ineffective in a vacuum: atmosphere must be present.
- Variations in air-pressure may complicate things for beginners.
- May be weak against Fire Manipulation, as fire is fueled by the oxygen in the air, thus making the flames stronger.
- Higher-level Electricity Manipulation users can use electrons to detonate the various compound molecules within the air, which may overwhelm the user.
See Also: Blow You Away.
- Air Totem (Arrowverse)
- Wind Ether Gear (Edens Zero)
- Vortex-Beam Ring/Spin (Marvel Comics)
- Meteor (Paw Patrol)
- Bronze Eagle (Spirit Animals)
- Sword of the Storm (Xiaolin Showdown)
- Sword of Lucida (Xiaolin Chronicles)
- Horn of Boreas (God of War)
- Typhon's Bane (God of War)
- Wind Waker (The Legend of Zelda)
- Galeas Disruptus (Ben 10)
- Turbo (Ben 10)
- Incendia Absum (Ben 10)
- Rava Eelartas Gallametroy (Ben 10)
- Saphirius Expectorium Perpetua (Ben 10)
- Teewat Ligara (Ben 10)
- Tempestus Erectum (Ben 10)
- Thanatis Icatis Exodus (Ben 10)
- Azarath Metrion Zinthos (DC Comics)
- Ventus Tria (Harry Potter)
- Ventus Jinx (Harry Potter)
- Ventus (Legacies; used by Hope)
- Aard (The Witcher Series)