- "I shall you tell with plain declaration Where, how, and what is my generation Omogeni is my Father And Magnesia is my Mother And Azot truly is my Sister And Kibrick forsooth is my Brother The Serpent of Arabia is my name The which is leader of all this game That sometime was both wood and wild And now I am both meek and mild The Sun and the Moon with their might Have chastised me that was so light My wings that me brought Hither and thither where I thought Now with their might they down me pull, And bring me where they will The Blood of mine heart I wish Now causeth both joy and blisse And dissolveth the very Stone And knitteth him ere he have done Now maketh hard that was lix And causeth him to be fix Of my blood and water I wish Plenty in all the World there is It runneth in every place Who it findeth he hath grace In the World it runneth over all And goeth round as a ball But thou understand well this Of the worke thou shalt miss Therefore know ere thou begin What he is and all his kin Many a name he hath full sure And all is but one Nature Thou must part him in three And then knit him as the Trinity And make them all but one Lo here is the Philosophers Stone."
- ― The Ripley Scroll - Part 4
- "The matter lies before the eyes of all; everybody sees it, touches it, loves it, but knows it not. It is glorious and vile, precious and of small account, and is found everywhere... But, to be brief, our Matter has as many names as there are things in this world; that is why the foolish know it not."
- ― The Golden Tract concerning the Philosopher's Stone in the Musaeum Hermeticum
- "The alchemical operation consisted essentially in separating the prima materia, the so-called chaos, into the active principle, the soul, and the passive principle, the body, which were then reunited in personified form in the coniunctio or 'chymical marriage'... the ritual cohabitation of Sol and Luna."
- ― Carl Jung, in Mysterium Coniunctionis
- Alchemic Magic/Manipulation/Control
- Arcane Science
- Hermetic Magic
- The Magical Science
- The Scientific Magic
User can utilize Alchemy, the mystic and scientific pursuit of the power of the Philosopher's Stone and Universal Panacea, focusing on Elemental Transmutation (ranging from transforming base materials into purer (lead or iron into silver or gold), to making permanent changes on the state of matter (making glass malleable or durable, etc.), various forms of Elemental Manipulation (especially electricity and fire) and Life-Force Manipulation (Immortality, Healing and even creating life or at the least clones/homunculi). They also know how to create potions (for rejuvenation and immortality) and magical items, although these are generally for practical use.
- Alchemic Constructs
- Alchemic Material Manipulation
- Craftsmanship Magic
- Life Creation
- Life-Force Manipulation
- Personal Alchemy
- Property/Supernatural Properties Manipulation
- Super Science
- Science-Magic Mixture
- Alchemy Combat
- Alchemical Entity Creation
- Power Activation/Deactivation and Bestowal/Erasure
- Dark Alchemy
- Elemental Alchemy
- Pure Alchemy
- Spiritual Alchemy
- Transmutation Magic; is the truly magical version
- Ultimate Alchemy: Ultimate version
- Likely demands the use of a laboratory/workshop and time.
- Might have to channel it through use of an object, like the Philosopher's Stone or Hermetic Circles, especially when using advanced alchemy.
- Equivalent Exchange - The basic law of Alchemy of which nothing is gained without something of equal value being lost.
- Effectiveness depends on the user's knowledge and skill level.
According to history, the practices of alchemy originated in Mesopotamia and Greco-Roman Egypt in the first centuries AD. They were subsequently practiced across Europe, Africa, and Asia. In truth, the primary goal of alchemy was to purify, mature, and perfect different materials and substances. However, mythology is what lead alchemy to become the idea of people trying to turn metal into gold and looking for the Philosopher's Stone.
To learn more about how the concept of alchemy is used in fictional universes and real life, visit the following websites.