- "Are you getting all that Lisa?"
- "I...don't know."
- ― Homer and Lisa Simpson (The Simpsons)
The power to communicate through alternative, unique or non-standard means. Opposite to Omnilingualism.
- Alternative Language
- Non-Standard/Unique Communication/Language
- Starfish Language
User's way of communicating/language is so radically different and/or alien that they may be physically impossible to understand or overhear, even less reproduce by outsiders. Their method of communication may not just be merely non-verbal but also entirely unique to them, such as communicating through various natural phenomena, supernatural or metaphysical means, and/or even methods that are truly abstract (like dreams or memories) or that have no basis in the physical/tangible world.
User may also be able to hide/disguise their method of communication so that no one outside of their own kind may be able to understand or speak with them unless they chose too.
- Alien Mind
- Communication Shift
- Formless Mind
- Mind Words
- Telepathic Static
- Unknown Inducement
- Users of Telepathic Translation and Linguistic Assimilation might be able to figure their method of communication.
See Also: Starfish Language.
- Cloakers (AD&D)
- Werewolves (Luger Code 1951)
- The Vajra (Macross Frontier)
- Deoxys (Pokemon)
- Aliens that Communicated by Dancing (Futurama)
- Mooplexians (Wander Over Yonder)
- Whale Probe (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)
- Crystalline Entity (Star Trek: TNG)
- Chaotic Space Entities/Aliens (Star Trek Voyager)
- Kid Chaos