The power to retain one's life after being transformed or affected.
- Animation Retainment
- Life Retainment/Retention
The user retains their ability to live even when turned into or when they are another substance such as stone, ice, glass, or affected by Inanimation or Rigidity Inducement, turned into an inanimate object, being frozen or affected by a disease that hinders their ability to do anything, etc.
- Capability Retention
- Condition Retention
- Disease Immunity
- Elemental Mimicry
- Lifeless Continuation
- Rigidity Inducement
- Sentience Inducement
- May still take on the weaknesses of the substance or object they transform into or are made of/make up.
- Works only on transmutations into things where user cannot act, move, think or even live, for example being completely stone or transformed into stone, and they may not retain all their skills, traits and powers.
- Household Staff (Disney's Beauty and the Beast)
- Vegito (Dragon Ball Z)
- Shendu (Jackie Chan Adventures)
- Gargoyles (Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame)