- Antimagia/Antimagic Symbiosis
The user can gain powers by hosting or bonding with anti-magic beings/forces. The entity can have various origins (divine, demonic, spiritual, etc.). It can even be a being that is made up of magic-nullifying energy or power. Whatever the source of its being, by linking to the entity, the host is able to wield potent anti-magic power capable of disrupting spells, negating magical entities or even destroying magical energy or mana itself. The power wielded may even extend to damaging other types of supernatural beings, but as with most forms of Symbiosis, it can come with a price.
- Curse Negation
- Magic Bypassing
- Magic Negation Field
- Magical Energy Absorption
- The anti-magic entity may take over the host’s mind and/or body (Possession.
- The anti-magic wielded may be dangerous to the users.
- Powerful anti-magic may harm or even destroy host’s body.
- Almighty Magic/Bond Destruction/Meta Magic/Mystic Lock/Magic Ascendancy could defeat the user.
- May require a supernatural contract.
- Power may be useless against non-magical being.
- Takeru Kusanagi (Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon); via Lapis Lazuli
- Asta (Black Clover)
- Kamito Kazehaya (Bladedance of Elementalers); via Est
- Nathaniel Adam/Captain Atom (DC Comics)
- Spirit spell Users (Dragon Age: Origins)
- Atsuma (Enchanted Arms)
- Caster (Fate/stay night); via Rule Breaker
- Lancer (Fate/Zero); via Gáe Dearg
- Negi Springfield (Negima!); via Asuna Pactio
- Kamijou Touma (Toaru Majutsu no Index); via Imagine Breaker