A circumstance placed on those who have been chosen or choose to protect a certain item, place, person, or concept, and possessor are given the powers to do so. Opposite of Assailant. Possible outcome of Destiny Chosen.
- 1 Also Called/Alternate Names
- 2 Properties
- 3 Associated Powers
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Variations
- 6 Flaws/Weaknesses
- 7 Example Characters/Known Guardians
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
Also Called/Alternate Names
- Chosen Ones
- Legacy Hero
- Light Ones
- Peace Keepers
Guardians are often those who are of noble birth or a high position of great historical or legendary importance. They have taken/been given the responsibility to defend, protect and, if needed, avenge the focus of their protection, which can be an object, place, concept, or person (throne/crown, village/gate/country/planet, love/good/harmony, royal heir/chosen prophet, etc.) among other things.
To do this, they gain enhanced physical and mental capabilities, many additional mystical or magical abilities, and often specific weapons/tools that allow them to perform superhuman or supernatural feat to help their cause.
- In some universes, guardians do not deal with otherworldly issues but issues in their own world.
- Guardians may need to complete a series of challenges or tasks in order to be chosen.
- Some guardians may play a part within a prophecy.
- Some guardians may possess a unique power.
- Some may be chosen to be guardians due to their bloodline, or heritage.
- Some may choose to be guardians due to their sense of justice.
- Some guardians may be blessed with the spirit of the chosen one before him/her.
- Guardians often play a key role in many lives as their actions often determine the fate of a group of people, nation, the entire world, and more
- Some guardians may not be in prophecies, but can still play a key factor in what is at stake. (Ex: Characters such as Mega Man X or Dante. Though they are of not legendary concepts, they are basically the center of the fate of what they stand for.)
- Balance Keeping: Maintain, preserve and enforce the balance between two or more opposing forces.
- Enhanced/Supernatural/Absolute Combat: Become skilled in multiple forms of combat.
- Enhanced/Supernatural/Absolute Charisma: Cull the fear in individual hearts & minds and rally the courage to follow within others.
- Enhanced/Supernatural/Absolute Condition: One's physical and mental prowess is beyond the limits of one's kind.
- Indomitable Will: Possess a powerful will that cannot be broken.
- Living Embodiment: Become a physical entity of a certain concept or idea. (Ex: Link being the physical embodiment of courage.)
- Pure/Strong Heart: Possess a strong noble heart that cannot be bounded by corruption.
- Security Intuition: Aware of how to protect an object or person with the highest protection procedure.
- Supernatural Sensation: Natural senses are affected and increased.
- Strong Soul: Possess a great independent spirit.
- Guardian Manipulation
- True Hero: Truely exceptional entities of good can become this.
- Destiny Chosen: Might be given powers depending on their fate as an guardian.
- Afterlife Guardian
- Companion Allegiance
- Cosmic Guardian
- Digital Guardianship
- Dream Guardianship
- Multiversal Guardianship
- Nature Guardianship
- Reality Guardianship
- Spatial Guardianship
- Temporal Guardianship
- Guardian's power/status may be connected to a specific object.
- Given their reputation, guardians tend to be hunted down by evil.
- May need to be trained if they have little or no knowledge of being a guardian.
- Could become obsessed with the great power they possess.
- May need to be deemed worthy.
- In certain cases, the guardian may be defenseless when being targeted himself.
- Path of destiny is placed by force.
- May not be able to live a free life.