- "If we have erred, Rogers will be dead within seconds! For, he is drinking the strongest chemical potion ever created by man! But, if we succeed, he will be the first of an army of fighting men such as the world has never known! His reflexes, his physical condition, his courage, will be second to none!"
- ― Dr. Abraham Erskine (Tales of Suspense #63)
The archetype of a super-soldier, a soldier/fighter capable of operating beyond normal human limits or abilities. Variation of Soldier, Artificially Enhanced Physiology, and Empowered Subject Physiology.
- Empowered Soldier Physiology
- Super Soldier Physiology
The user is a super-soldier, a soldier or fighter enhanced, scientifically and/or magically, beyond ordinary limitations for the purpose of combat or espionage. Super soldiers are often created by nations or very powerful independent heroes or villains, and their powers typically focus on combat.
- Artificially Enhanced Physiology: Have artificially enhanced physiology and modified bodies with manufactured alterations such as tailored genetic and/or cybernetics, specialized drugs, experimentation, etc., all granting them a variety and powers to aid them in their purpose.
- Bio-Technology: User's biological nature can be altered by technology.
- Cybernetic Enhancements
- Cybernetic Strength: Have immense strength as a cyborg or through cybernetic enhancements.
- Cybernetic Speed: Have immense speed as a cyborg or through cybernetic enhancements.
- Efficient Body: Have bodily systems perfectly optimized, totally efficient, with absolutely no wasted energy or effort on their part.
- Drug Empowerment: Through drug usage users can be empowered.
- Magically Enhanced Physiology: Typically in fantasy settings.
- Serum-Based Powers: Gain powers by being given a certain serum that augments one's physical body. After being given a serum, some users can be turned into super soldiers.
- Various Supernatural Powers and Abilities: Various supernatural powers, relating to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal.
- Supernatural Surgery: Through surgical experimentations, users can gain abilities.
- Bionic Physiology
- Enhanced Combat/Supernatural Combat
- One-Man Army
- One Trick Powerhouse
- Science Attuned Physiology
- Special Ops Mastery
- Superpowered Physiology
- Training Regimen
- Weaponized Body
- One Trick Powerhouse
- Super Soldiers are sometimes modified in such a way that they have one incredible augmentation or adaptation, but otherwise are still just normal people.
- In addition to being a soldier themself, Super Soldiers often work alongside other more mundane soldiers. This is more common in cases where the Super Soldier is a sort of 'special unit' instead of being part of an army of super soldiers.
- Process may cause various mental or physical side-effects that can range from irritating to debilitating.
- Many super soldiers are just very strong members of their species, and so they often lack defenses to things they weren't engineered to handle.
- For instance, your typical muscle-y super soldier has few defenses against psychic or magical attack.
See Also: Super Soldier.
- Mirakuru Serum (Arrowverse)
- Ultimatrix (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien)
- Forced Evolutionary Virus (Fallout series)
- Super Soldier Serum (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- Super Soldier Serum (Marvel Comics)
- OZ Formula (Ultimate Marvel)
- Infinity Formula (Marvel Comics)
- OZ Formula (Spider Man’s Raimiverse; MCU Multiverse)
- Tyrant/T-Virus (Resident Evil)
- Golgotha/G-Virus (Resident Evil)
- Gene Seed (Warhammer 40k)
- Mutagen (IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)