The ability to have the traits of an astral parasite. Variation of Parasite Physiology.
- Psychic Parasite Physiology
Beings that are classed as astral parasites are malicious entities that have either always existed within the astral realm or managed to evade death via anchoring their astral essence into the plane - they feed on psychic energy and often require physical hosts to infiltrate the world beyond the astral plane.
Astral parasites can vary immensely in goals, some are predators who want to consume more and more psychic energy while others have ambitions of conquest - they all are, to some degree, degenerated beings that have many similarities to vampires, evil ghosts or even demons.
Astral parasites can be found in many media and even some folklore (usually more modern lore, such as those found in the New Age or UFO movements).
- Usually require hosts to interact with the physical world.
- May be vulnerable to higher-skilled telepaths or astral manipulation users.
- Powerless against beings with no connection to the astral planes (such as machines etc).
- Likewise powerless against those with immunity to psychic possession or manipulation.
- Parasite Physiology
- Psychic Entity Physiology
- Transcendent Human/Mutant/Alien Physiology(for those whose origins are of the physical world)
- Tulpa Physiology (for those whose origins were not of the physical world)
- Astral Vampires (Folklore)
- Mummudrai (Marvel Comics)
- Cassandra Nova
- Onslaught (Marvel Comics)
- Shadow King (Marvel Comics)
- Shathra (Marvel Comics)