- "Oh no, this child is having an out-of-body experience. This is very bad for...business."
- ― Apu (The Simpsons)
- "Like Mercury, I Slide From My Mortal Self and Dive Into...The Unknown."
- ― Doctor Strange (Doctor Strange: What's Is It That Disturbs You, Stephen?)
- Anemone Consciousness (Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution)
- Astral/Soul/Spirit Body/Form/Mode/Self
- Astral Transport
- Astral Travel
- Force Projection (Star Wars)
- Mind Traveling
- Out of Body Travel
- Soul/Spectral/Spiritual Exiting
- Spiritual Projection
- Spirit Walk
User can separate their mind/consciousness/spirit from the body by entering a trance (via lucid dreaming or deep meditation), gaining access of travel the Astral Plane. Experienced individuals may control both the Astral and Corporeal presences. Telepaths can Astral Project by projecting their minds.
- Consciousness Separation
- Consciousness Transferal
- Mediumship gain the ability to perceive and communicate with spirits as the user is technically a spirit.
- Mind Walking
- Non-Physical Interaction
- Project your consciousness/soul/astral form outside your body, gaining Spirit Physiology/Non-Corporeal Form.
- Travel to Hell, Heaven, or another spiritual realm.
- Afterlife Traveling
- Beforelife Traveling
- Astral Manipulation
- Astral Premonition
- Astral Suggestion
- Astral Trapping
- Energy Soul
- Lucid Dreaming
- Soul Removal
- Spiritual Meditation
- Unbound Soul
- User's body is essentially dead/in a coma and thus very vulnerable during astral projection:
- May be vulnerable to Astral Trapping.
- May be unable to control corporeal and astral presences.
- May require user to be asleep or be in a meditative state while riding the astral plane.
- Some users may not be immune from those with Astral Manipulation while in spirit form.
- May be unable to use any other abilities they possess while in astral form.
- Most users are completely incapable of affecting the physical world in their projected state.
- Prolonged separation may prove harmful to the user's body or soul.
- Not returning to the host body in a period of time may render you a spirit forever.
See Also: Astral Projection.
- Sheep Talisman (Jackie Chan Adventures)
- Kanohi Iden (Bionicle)
- Ghost Key (Locke and Key)