- "Oh no, this child is having an out-of-body experience. This is very bad for...business."
- ― Apu (The Simpsons)
- "Like Mercury, I Slide From My Mortal Self and Dive Into...The Unknown."
- ― Doctor Strange (Doctor Strange: What's Is It That Disturbs You, Stephen?)
- Anemone Consciousness (Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution)
- Astral/Soul/Spirit Body/Form/Mode/Self
- Astral Transport/Travel
- Consciousness Extension/Projection/Protrusion
- Force Projection (Star Wars)
- Mental Extension/Projection/Protrusion
- Mind Extension/Projection/Protrusion
- Out Of Body Experience/Travel
- Soul/Spectral/Spiritual Exiting
- Soul/Spirit/Spiritual Extension/Projection/Protrusion
- Spirit Walker physiology
User can project/separate their consciousness/presence/spirit, alternatively known as their astral form, from their material bodies, allowing for perception, interaction and travel independent of physical limitation. This state is usually achieved through entering a trance (via lucid dreaming or deep meditation), with the user gaining access or influence over the Mental and Astral Planes, as well as potentially other planes of existence, which can extend so enough as to allow the user to move and exist outside the limits of space and time using their astral form. Experienced individuals may be able to control both their astral and corporeal presences, allowing them to extend and project their astral selves without having to lose consciousness in their physical forms, as well as separate others from their physical forms to either to travel alongside them or to imprison them in an incorporeal state. Telepaths often astral project by projecting their minds as well as that of others.
- Astral Constructs
- Astral Suggestion
- Astral Premonition
- Retrocognition (in Astral Form)
- Astral Trapping
- Consciousness Separation
- Consciousness Transferal
- Disembodiment Inducement
- Energy Soul
- Expanded Presence
- Extrasensory Perception
- Mind Image
- Mind Walking
- Non-Physical Interaction
- Selective Interaction
- Soul Speed
- Spirit Physiology/Non-Corporeal Form
- Enhanced Agility/Supernatural Agility
- Enhanced Speed/Supernatural Speed
- Enhanced Strength/Supernatural Strength
- Illusion Manipulation
- Alien Physiology
- Astral Manipulation
- Astral Plane Manipulation
- Astral Trapping
- Ghost Mode
- Half-Spirit Physiology
- Lucid Dreaming
- Mental Plane Manipulation
- Mental World Manipulation
- Mystic Human Physiology
- Psychic Dimensional Manipulation
- Psychic Environment Manipulation
- Soul Manipulation
- Soul Materialization
- Soul Projection
- Soul Removal
- Spiritual Force Manipulation
- Spiritual Meditation
- Spiritual Mode
- Spiritual Plane Manipulation
- Superior Human Physiology
- Supernatural Vision Manipulation
- True-Self Projection
- Unbound Soul
- User's body is essentially dead/in a coma and thus very vulnerable during astral projection:
- May be vulnerable to Astral Trapping.
- May be unable to control corporeal and astral presences.
- May require user to be asleep or be in a meditative state while riding the astral plane.
- Some users may not be immune from those with Astral Manipulation while in spirit form.
- May be unable to use any other abilities they possess while in astral form.
- Most users are completely incapable of affecting the physical world in their projected state.
- Prolonged separation may prove harmful to the user's body or soul.
- Not returning to the host body in a period of time may render you a spirit forever.
See Also: Astral Projection.
- Sheep Talisman (Jackie Chan Adventures)
- Kanohi Iden (Bionicle)
- Ghost Key (Locke and Key)