- "Watch the power of Aura!"
- ― Lucario (Pokémon series)
- "Aura is the manifestation of our soul. It bears our burdens and shields our hearts."
- ― Pyrrha Nikos (RWBY) explaining Aura to Jaune Arc
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 The Seven Auras/Chakras
- 4 Applications
- 5 Elemental Connections
- 6 Techniques
- 7 Variations
- 8 Associations
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Limitations
- 11 Known Users
- 12 References
- 13 Gallery
- 14 Video
- Aura Projection
- Battle Aura
- Chakra (Naruto)
- Outward Energy
- Nen(Hunter × Hunter)
- Spirit Energy (Yu Yu Hakusho)
The user can create, shape and manipulate aura, the invisible etheric phenomenon/emanation produced by and surrounding a person or object.
Much like the ability, Life-Force Manipulation, the user can manipulate this kind of energy in various ways. However, this ability deals with the strength of their spiritual essence instead of the entire universe. Aura is the energy formed from one's achievement of spiritual power through extreme mental focus and strong emotions. Users of this power can increase their natural abilities, attract and repel another person's aura, sense the aura, and project it. Different types of aura are located in various parts of the physical body, such as the forehead, spine, throat, heart, and stomach. The power of aura also changes with one's mood.
The Seven Auras/Chakras
There are 7 auras, each with their attributes and colors.
- Red (Muladhara): Deals with the physical nature of the body.
- Orange (Swadhisthana): Deals with emotions.
- Yellow (Manipura): Deals with self-energy and willpower.
- Green (Anahata): Deals with healing.
- Blue (Vishuddha): Deals with intelligence.
- Indigo (Ajna): Deals with mental communication.
- Violet (Sahasrara): Deals with awareness of illusions and obtaining a higher consciousness.
- Aura Generation: The user can generate aura.
- Etheric Cord Manipulation: The user has control over etheric cords.
- Self-Aura Manipulation: The user has control over their own aura.
- Aura Absorption: The user can see and absorb the auras of others, taking their life-force, memories, and powers.
- Aura Attacks: The user can release/use aura for various attacks.
- Aura Charging: The user can charge and refuel objects or others with their aura.
- Aura Combat: The user can combine aura control with physical combat skill.
- Aura Constructs: The user can create weapons and other materials made of aura.
- Aura Flight: The user can use aura control for flight.
- Aura Infusion: The user can infuse an aura in a body or an object.
- Aura Mimicry: The user can mimic the auras of others, understanding their feelings and mimicking their powers.
- Aura Solidification: The user can solidify aura into a tangible physical form.
- Aura Trapping: The user can trap others in their own aura.
- Expanded Presence: The user can expand their own aura.
- Life-Force Conversion: The user can transform their aura into other forms of matter/energy
- Life-Force Factor Manipulation: The user can use their aura as a medium to develop their own unique powers.
- Life-Force Infusion: The user can infuse their own aura into an object or body, enhancing it greatly.
The Seven Auras/Chakras
- Physical Augmentation: The user can channel their aura to increase their physical aspects.
- Bodily Attribute Augmentation: The user can use their aura to enhance specific bodily attributes of their body and their physical and mental condition to any level.
- Optimal Finesse: The user can use their aura to enhance their finesse to the highest potential.
- Biological Manipulation : The user can manipulate the biology of living organisms,including himself or herself (As per Hindu beliefs,life starts from the Muladhara chakra.)
- Empathy: The user can empathize with others for better understanding.
- Emotion Manipulation:The user can control the emotions of every individual,including his own.
- Emotional Trigger: The user can activate and utilize powers based on emotions
- Aura Generation: The user is able to generate their own unique aura.
- Aura Constructs: The user can form their aura into solid constructs.
- Energetic Pressure: The user can destroy an entire surrounding area with nothing but the force of their aura.
- Energy Duplication: The user can duplicate themselves by using their aura.
- Ergokinetic Combat: The user can channel their aura into their arms and/or legs to create power energy enhanced strikes.
- Ergo-Telekinesis: The user can use their aura to manipulate matter.
- Indomitable Will: The user possesses a strong force of will.
- Life-Force Beam Emission: The user can project their aura in the form of a destructive beam.
- Spiritual Energy Conversion: The user can convert their aura into a form of energy or matter.
- Disease Detection: The user can use their aura to sense the pain, disease, etc, from others and themselves.
- Healing: The user can heal or regenerate themselves or another.
- Foreign Forces Removal: The user can remove any foreign forces from their body and other's bodies as well.
- Intelligence Enhancement: The user can channel their aura to gain a higher level of enlightenment which enhances their intelligence.
- Spiritual Meditation: The user can be at one with their aura in order to keep control of their abilities.
- Astral Projection: The user can separate themselves from their physical form.
- Dowsing: The user can use their aura to track and locate objects, resources, and people.
- Intuitive Aptitude : The user can learn the complexities and develop the perfect methods for any field of expertise without taking much time.
- Mind's Eye: The user can use the indigo aura to access the third eye.
- Psionics: The user can use various forms of psychic/mental abilities/powers
- Telepathy: In a meditative state, the user can mentally communicate with others.
- Tranquil State: The user can quiet and clear their mind, allowing them to focus on only the task at hand.
- Aura Reading: The user can read the aura of another and gain information of one's emotion, health, and gain information of the special abilities of others.
- Higher Consciousness: At a higher level, The user can spiritually ascend into a developed state of awareness.
- Inner Power: The user is able to awaken the hidden potential that has slept within them.
- True-Self Recognition: The user is able to connect with their true higher selves within themselves.
- Transcendence Manipulation: The user,if powerful enough can control even transcendent powers and beings to a great extent,even up to the extent of becoming one among them.
- Illusion Awareness: The user can become aware of false realities and break free of the Illusion.
- Enlightenment: The user can comprehend the whole universe and beyond.
In the philosophy of the seven auras/chakras shared by Hinduism and Buddism, each color corresponds to seven elements(see pg. 68). In some cases, the user(s) manipulates their aura to the point where it takes on the characteristics and properties of said elements.
- Elemental Attacks
- Elemental Constructs
- Elemental Infusion
- Elemental Pressure
- Elemental Mixture
- Earth Manipulation
- Ice Manipulation
- Snow Manipulation
- Steam Manipulation
- Water Manipulation
- Fire Manipulation
- Heat Manipulation
- Air Manipulation
- Sound Manipulation
- Electricity Manipulation
- Light Manipulation
- Darkness Manipulation
- Shadow Generation
- Umbrakinetic Constructs
- Space-Time Manipulation
- Aura Magic: Aura can be used to achieve magical feats.
- Dark Aura Manipulation: One's aura can be corrupted by negative emotions.
- Pure Aura Manipulation: One's aura can be purified of all negative emotions.
- Transcendent Aura Manipulation: Should the user experience of sort of fundamental change, they will become able to spiritually and mentally grow, allowing them to manipulate all of the seven auras to a powerful degree.
- Chakra Point Manipulation: Is likely the Power Source of their Aura.
- Chi Manipulation
- Effect Field Projection
- Emotion Manipulation
- Energy Manipulation
- Esoteric Energy Manipulation
- Life-Force Manipulation
- Presence Manipulation
- Spiritual Force Manipulation
- Spiritual Meditation
- Training Regimen: like all other powers out there training is one of the methods to develop this kind of ability that even an average human can achieve on intense physical and mental regimen.
- In many forms of fiction, mostly anime, aura is shown to be in forms resembling flames, electricity, smoke, waves, whirlwinds and/or light.
- Aura can be seen as spiritual version of Psionics since both Powers overlap in many Areas.
- Users must be in control of their emotions.
- May be weak against Emotion Manipulation.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- If connections are blocked, the aura cannot flow.
- May be able to use only one aura at a time.
- Life-Force Inhibition is the perfect counter.
To learn more about how the concept of aura is used in fictional universes and real life-, visit the following websites.