- "Blood is sound, sound is words, and words are power!"
- ― Grimoire Weiss, NieR
- Blood Demon Art/Techniques (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Blood Mage
- Blood Sorcery
The user is able use a form of magic that allows them to cast magical spells related to blood.
The user is able to use Blood Magic in two ways: to gain access to (esoteric/mystic/magical) blood-based powers/abilities (E.g. Blood Manipulation) or to cast spells that require or are related to blood (E.g. an astral projection spell or healing spell).
In some cases, the user has the inherent power in their blood to manipulate and/or fuel spell-casting. This is an ancient version that predates word-based magic and was considered by some to be more powerful. Blood Magic was a kind of magic based on the employment of blood which is an important component in many rituals, spells and other aspects of the supernatural world.
- Blood Manipulation
- Blood Property Manipulation
- Enhanced/Supernatural Tracking
- Liquid Surveillance Communication
- Portal Magic
- Spell Casting
- Symbol Magic
- Blood Energy Manipulation
- Blood Transcendency
- Mystical Blood
- Blood Hunters
- Magic Negation/Magic Destruction
- Magic Immunity
- May taint the user or their blood.
- Some spells require specific blood, e.g. type, species, or individual.
- May lead to blood loss.
See Also: Blood Magic.
- Executioner's Gloves (Bloodborne)
- Phylacteries (Dragon Age series)
- Magrallen (Dragon Age: Until We Sleep)
- Bloodstone Chalice (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)
- Potion of Blood (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)
- Horcruxes (Harry Potter series)
- Blood Crystal (Merlin)
- Bone Steel (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard)
- Crimson Brand of Cyttorak (Marvel Comics)
- Bloodletting thimble (Pathfinder)
- Terror Mask (Splatterhouse)
- Bone of Righteous Mortal Washed in the Three Bloods of Fallen (Supernatural)
- Blood Chalice (Warhammer Fantasy)
- Bloody Grail (Warhammer Fantasy)
- Cauldrons of Blood (Warhammer Fantasy)
- Tower of Blood (Warhammer Fantasy)
- Blood Altar and related items (Minecraft)