- "Blood is sound, sound is words, and words are power!"
- ― Grimoire Weiss, NieR
- "So much blood, waiting for purpose."
- ― Blood Lord Vladimir, The Crimson Reaper, League of Legends
- Blood Sorcery
- Blood Demon Techniques (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
The user has the inherent power in their blood to manipulate and/or fuel spell-casting. This is an ancient version that predates word-based magic and was considered by some to be more powerful. Blood Magic was a kind of magic based on the employment of blood which is an important component in many rituals, spells and other aspects of the supernatural world.
- Blood Manipulation
- Blood Property Manipulation
- Enhanced/Supernatural Tracking
- Liquid Surveillance Communication
- Portal Magic
- Spell Casting
- Symbol Magic
- Blood Energy Manipulation
- Blood Transcendency
- Mystical Blood
- Magic Negation/Magic Destruction
- Magic Immunity
- May taint the user or their blood.
- Some spells require specific blood, e.g. type, species, or individual.
- May lead to blood loss.
See Also: Blood Magic.
- Executioner's Gloves (Bloodborne)
- Phylacteries (Dragon Age series)
- Magrallen (Dragon Age: Until We Sleep)
- Bloodstone Chalice (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)
- Potion of Blood (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)
- Horcruxes (Harry Potter series)
- Blood Crystal (Merlin)
- Bone Steel (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard)
- Crimson Brand of Cyttorak (Marvel Comics)
- Bloodletting thimble (Pathfinder)
- Terror Mask (Splatterhouse)
- Bone of Righteous Mortal Washed in the Three Bloods of Fallen (Supernatural)
- Blood Chalice (Warhammer Fantasy)
- Bloody Grail (Warhammer Fantasy)
- Cauldrons of Blood (Warhammer Fantasy)
- Tower of Blood (Warhammer Fantasy)
- Blood Altar and related items (Minecraft)