- "For the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood by the soul in it. Consequently I said to the sons of Israel: "You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.""
- ― God (Leviticus 17:14)
- "The blood is the life."
- ― Dracula (Dracula (1931))
- "I can manipulate blood beyond its form or motion. Body temperature, pulse rate, the number of red blood cells, blood composition—it's all under my control."
- ― Noritoshi Kamo (Jujutsu Kaisen)
The power to manipulate blood. Variation of Bodily Fluid Manipulation.
- Blood Art/Bending/Control
- Sanguinarian Control/Manipulation
- Sanguine Control/Manipulation
Users can create, shape, and manipulate blood, an essential body fluid in humans and other animals that delivers necessary substances such as nutrients and oxygen to the cells and transports metabolic waste products away from those same cells. The majority of users are only able to exert control over the blood of themselves, using them for various purposes, such as for rituals, examining, or most commonly combat. They can shape their blood into tendrils to strike enemies from afar or use it to trap opponents in a prison of blood. Users can concentrate blood into a single point, and shoot it out akin to bullets, or sharpen their blood to the point that they can slice and tear flesh with ease, or solidify blood to use as rock-hard ammunition.
Some users would be able to indirectly control the movement of objects by leaving traces of blood on them, and manipulating that blood in order to move said object. When manipulating blood, beware dying of blood loss for users that use their own blood or being present in a wet environment, as exposure to water will cause the membrane of red blood cells to tear, making 45% of blood uncontrollable.
Another use of blood manipulation is controlling the blood within the body of oneself, increasing physical abilities by speeding up the transport of nutrients and oxygen via blood to all parts of their body, thus improving their energy and power. They can also use this to speed up healing by immediately clotting their blood, preventing blood loss and speeding up the recovery process, gaining a form of manual healing factor. Sometimes, users would be able to control the composition of their blood down to the number of red blood cells present in their blood stream. Blood manipulators can also gain a form of cold immunity by increasing body temperature through blood-flow.
More advanced users would be able to manipulate blood from anywhere in their surroundings, such as the bodies of other living creatures, allowing them to control them like puppets, induce nosebleeds or headaches, or cause blood-related diseases or conditions such as Sickle Cell Anemia Thrombosis. At an even higher level, users could instantly kill others by making blood explode from the inside out or forcibly causing their heart to stop or knocking them unconscious by restricting blood-flow to the brain.
- Blood Attacks
- Blood Clotting
- Blood Consumption
- Blood Field Projection
- Blood Generation
- Blood Marionette of yourselves and/or others.
- Blood Solidification
- Blood Stopping
- Blood Thinning
- Death Inducement by stopping the flow of blood in a person’s body.
- Haemokinetic Constructs
- Internal Rupturing by increasing blood flow to make blood veins or even the heart to burst
- Manipulate the properties of blood.
- Paralysis Inducement by stopping target's blood in their veins.
- Strength, Speed, Stamina, and Regeneration by increasing the flow of blood.
- Prehensile Blood
- Serum Manipulation
- Unconsciousness Inducement by reversing the flow of blood to cause unconsciousness.
- Blood Absorption: To be able to absorb blood from others.
- Blood Aura: To surround oneself in blood.
- Blood Cloning: To create clones of themselves by using blood.
- Blood Empowerment: To be empowered and vitalized by blood.
- Blood Link: To be linked to others by blood.
- Blood Mimicry: To mimic the properties of blood.
- Blood Oxygen Manipulation: To manipulate the oxygen in one's blood and others.
- Blood Portal Creation: To create portals out of ones own blood.
- Blood Pressure Manipulation: To manipulate the pressure and flow of blood inside bodies.
- Blood Propulsion: To propel one's self using blood.
- Blood Sense: To be aware of the circulatory system allowing to detect the presence of other substances in a subject’s blood.
- Blood Sugar Manipulation: To manipulate the blood sugar inside bodies.
- Blood Flow Vision: To see the flow of blood of any living being.
- Blood Teleportation: To teleport through blood.
- Blood Transformation: To transform matter into blood.
- Blood Transfusion: To inject one's blood into others.
- Blood Type Manipulation: To alter one's blood type.
- Brain Manipulation- Blood manipulation can grant its user the ability to control the blood in brains.
- Disease Manipulation - Limited to blood based diseases
- Drowning: To drown a target with large quantities of blood.
- Haemokinetic Combat: To infuse blood in physical combat.
- Haemomancy: To use divination with blood as a medium.
- Haemopotent Regeneration: To regenerate oneself using blood.
- Haemopotent Replication: To replicate powers with blood as a medium.
- Infection - Limited to pus (Dead white blood cells)
- Organic Combustion: To trigger internal/external incineration via bloodwork.
- Thermovariance: To boil targets blood.
- Bio-Blood Manipulation
- Blood Energy Manipulation
- Blood Magic
- Chlorophyll Manipulation
- Ichor Manipulation
- Acid Manipulation by controlling the acidity of blood.
- Adoptive Muscle Memory, Knowledge Replication and/or Power Absorption using blood as a medium.
- Adrenal Activation
- Bio-Iron Manipulation - Iron is usually found in the blood streams.
- Blood Energy Manipulation - Using blood as energy.
- Blood Transcendency
- Bloodline Manipulation
- Body Manipulation
- Bone Manipulation - Blood is produced in bone marrow.
- Carbon Manipulation
- Carbon Dioxide Manipulation
- Cardiology Manipulation
- Hydrogen Manipulation
- Iron Manipulation
- Life-Force Manipulation - Blood is a essential part of one's biology.
- Liquid Surveillance Communication: Use blood for communication, connection, spying and surveillance.
- Magic, especially Dark Arts and Voodoo.
- Nitrogen Manipulation
- Oxygen Manipulation
- Silicon Manipulation
- Summoning, Dead and Ghosts.
- Vampire Physiology
- Water Manipulation
- Blood Resistance
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- May be unable to create blood, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- May be limited to manipulating the blood of others or only themselves.
- May bleed to death by drawing too much blood.
- Risk of developing Thrombosis when manipulating blood.
- Some users could be limited on what type of blood they can control, e.g. animal blood.
- To manipulate one's own blood for external applications, one may have to draw blood.
See Also: The Power of Blood.
- Black Marlin (Akame ga Kill!)
- Kesshu (Flame of Recca)
- The 7th Spear of the Scarlet King (SCP Foundation)
- SCP-3664 - The Only Weapon You Need is the One in Your Head (SCP Foundation)
- Bloodbending (Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra)
- The Scarlet Letter (Bungo Stray Dogs)
- Flame Mode (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency)
- Blood Manipulation (Jujutsu Kaisen)
- Blood Demon Art (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Ketsuryūgan (Naruto)
- Blood Magic (Various Series)