- "The blood is the life."
- ― Count Dracula misquoting and missing the point of Genesis 9:4 in Dracula (1931)
- "Why blood? Why Dawn's blood? I mean, why couldn't it be, like, a lymph ritual?"
"'Cause it's always gotta be blood."
"We're not actually discussing dinner right now -"
"Blood is life, lackbrain. Why do you think we eat it? It's what keeps you going, makes you warm, makes you hard, makes you other than dead. 'Course it's her blood."
- ― Xander and Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The power to manipulate blood. Variation of Bodily Fluid Manipulation.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Techniques
- 5 Variations
- 6 Associations
- 7 Limitations
- 8 Known Users
- 9 Known Objects
- 10 Known Powers/Techniques
- 11 Gallery
- Blood Control
- Sanguinarian Control/Manipulation
- Sanguine Control/Manipulation
Users can create, shape, move, control, interact and manipulate blood, a body fluid in humans and other animals that delivers necessary substances such as nutrients and oxygen to the cells and transports metabolic waste products away from those same cells. The majority of users are only able to exert control over the blood of themselves, using them for various purposes, such as for rituals, examining, or most commonly combat. They can shape their blood into tendrils to strike enemies from afar or use it to trap opponents in a prison of blood. Beware dying of blood loss for users that use their own blood or being present in a wet environment, as exposure to water will cause the membrane of red blood cells to tear, making 45% of blood uncontrollable.
Another use of blood manipulation is controlling the blood within the body of oneself, increasing physical abilities by speeding up the transport of nutrients and oxygen via blood to all parts of their system, improving energy and power. They can also use this to speed up healing by immediately clotting their blood, preventing blood loss and speeding up the recovery process, gaining a form of manual Healing Factor. More advanced users would be able to manipulate blood from anywhere, including other bodies, allowing them to instantly induce death by making blood explode from inside out.
- Blood Attacks
- Blood Clotting
- Blood Consumption
- Blood Field Projection
- Blood Generation
- Blood Marionette of yourselves or others.
- Blood Solidification
- Blood Stopping
- Blood Thinning
- Death Inducement by stopping the flow of blood in a person’s body.
- Haemokinetic Constructs
- Manipulate the properties of blood.
- Paralysis Inducement by stopping target's blood in their veins.
- Strength, Speed, Stamina, and Regeneration by increasing the flow of blood.
- Prehensile Blood
- Serum Manipulation
- Unconsciousness Inducement by reversing the flow of blood to cause unconsciousness.
- Blood Absorption: To be able to absorb blood from others.
- Blood Aura: To surround oneself in blood.
- Blood Cloning: To create clones of themselves by using blood.
- Blood Empowerment: To be empowered and vitalized by blood.
- Blood Link: To be linked to others by blood.
- Blood Mimicry: To mimic the properties of blood.
- Blood Oxygen Manipulation: To manipulate the oxygen in one's blood and others.
- Blood Portal Creation: To create portals out of ones own blood.
- Blood Pressure Manipulation: To manipulate the pressure and flow of blood inside bodies.
- Blood Propulsion: To propel one's self using blood.
- Blood Sugar Manipulation: To manipulate the blood sugar inside bodies.
- Blood Flow Vision: To see the flow of blood of any living being.
- Blood Teleportation: To teleport through blood.
- Blood Transformation: To transform matter into blood.
- Blood Transfusion: To inject one's blood into others.
- Blood Type Manipulation: To alter one's blood type.
- Disease Manipulation - limited to blood based diseases
- Drowning: To drown a target with large quantities of blood.
- Haemokinetic Combat: To infuse blood in physical combat.
- Haemomancy: To use divination with blood as a medium.
- Haemopotent Regeneration: To regenerate oneself using blood.
- Haemopotent Replication: To replicate powers with blood as a medium.
- Infection - limited to pus (Dead white blood cells)
- Organic Combustion: To trigger internal/external incineration via bloodwork.
- Thermovariance: To boil targets blood.
- Acid Manipulation by controlling the acidity of blood.
- Adoptive Muscle Memory, Knowledge Replication and/or Power Absorption using blood as a medium.
- Adrenal Activation
- Bio-Iron Manipulation - iron is usually found in the blood streams.
- Blood Energy Manipulation - using blood as energy.
- Blood Transcendency
- Bloodline Manipulation
- Body Manipulation
- Bone Manipulation: Blood is produced in bone marrow.
- Carbon Dioxide Manipulation
- Cardiology Manipulation
- Iron Manipulation
- Life-Force Manipulation - Blood is a essential part of one's biology.
- Liquid Surveillance Communication: Use blood for communication, connection, spying and surveillance.
- Magic, especially Dark Arts and Voodoo.
- Nitrogen Manipulation
- Summoning, Dead and Ghosts especially.
- Vampire Physiology
- Water Manipulation
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- Users of Bloodlessness/Blood Resistance are immune.
- May be unable to create blood, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- May be limited to manipulating the blood of others or only themselves.
- May bleed to death by drawing too much blood.
- Some users could be limited on what type of blood they can control, e.g. animal blood.
- To manipulate one's own blood for external applications, one may have to draw blood.
See Also: The Power of Blood.
- Black Marlin (Akame ga Kill!)
- Kesshu (Flame of Recca)
- The 7th Spear of the Scarlet King (SCP Foundation)
- SCP-3664 - The Only Weapon You Need is the One in Your Head (SCP Foundation)
- Bloodbending (Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra)
- Blood Manipulation (Jujutsu Kaisen)
- Blood Demon Art (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Blood Magic (Various Series)