- "Wow, that could be interesting. Or it could damage many, many lives."
- ― Marge Simpson (The Simpsons)
- "With his last act of cruelty, the Joker had tainted us all with compromise and deception. I suppose he had the last laugh after all."
- ― Barbara Gordon (Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
- Bond Separation/Severing
The user can destroy the feelings other people feel for each other by literally cutting metaphorical bonds like love and friendship or trust, making people to develop the opposite emotions and causing conflicts between them. It can also weaken or negate powers drawn from such bonds.
- Apathy Inducement - empathy
- Connection Removal
- Doubt Inducement - bond of trust
- Hatred Inducement - bond of love
- Loneliness Embodiment - bond of friendship
- Power Negation - Negate powers that are based on relationships
- Treachery Inducement - bond of loyalty
- Severed bonds can be re-formed again with time.
- Users of Soulmate Connection and Undying Loyalty are either immune or highly resistant.
- May require physical contact.
- May require knowledge about the bond between the people.
- Users of Eternal Bond are immune.
- Andras (Charmed); via Anger Augmentation to turn people against each other
- Joker (DC Animated Universe)
- Justice/Vengeance (Dragon Age 2)
- Shaga (Good Luck Girl)
- Adorjan, the Silent Wind (Exalted)
- Spat (Hamtaro Ham Ham Heartbreak)
- Tasouken (Len'en Project)
- Yato (Noragami); with Yukine's help
- Beezara (Power Rangers Megaforce); females only
- Snipster (Power Rangers Ninja Storm)
- Shearfear (Power Rangers Dino Charge)
- Chelsea (Twilight Saga)
- Anemone (Valkyrie Crusade)