- "...And so, I brought the buoyancy of everything around her to zero."
- ― Awatsuki Maaya (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun)
- "He's w-wearing a personal flotation device and the wu-water's only a foot deep! How can he s-sink?"
- ― Eager Young Space Cadet (Duck Dodgers)
The power to manipulate buoyancy.
- Buoyancy Alteration/Control/Shift
The user can manipulate buoyancy, the force exerted by a fluid on an immersed object. Under normal circumstances, buoyancy acts upwards, typically against the weight of an object and with a force equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by the object.
The user is capable of enhancing, diminishing, redirecting, or nullifying the buoyant force on an immersed object (whether in air, water, or another fluid) and can cause it to float, sink, appear/feel lighter or heavier, or experience a neutral buoyancy. The user may also be able to alter the center of buoyancy, changing the stability of floating objects (e.g. sailing vessels) and may cause them to tip over.
- May not work in a vacuum, or if the object is somehow separated from the fluid it is in.
- Targets having their weight altered may behave erratically under the power's influence.
- Users may have no control over which direction the target is buoyed.
- Dragons (Drifting Dragons); via Ferry
- Awatsuki Maaya (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun)
- Rose Quartz (Steven Universe)
- Steven Universe (Steven Universe)