The power to visually blend into immediate environment. Not to be confused with Invisibility.
- Chameleon Effect
- Camouflage Mode
- Dynamic Camouflage
- Tactile Camouflage
The user can visually blend into surroundings by blending in with the coloration and form of their background to avoid optical perception. Some users can affect their attire by means of "static camouflage". Similar to Invisibility, camouflage sometimes involves people turning invisible but with limitations. Some animals can naturally blend into an environment thanks to their skin color. Common effects is the user as well as what they are wearing/carrying is able to stay camouflaged while moving, the user will not cast a shadow as a result of bending light. Often associated with a shimmer or ripple effect when moving that can be spotted by the trained eye. The user is also able to camouflage while staying still by changing the color and texture of there skin and/or clothing. Whether on not the user's clothing changes with them varies from user to user the user will still cast a shadow.
- Body Heat Camouflage: The user can mask their body heat and other such emissions, leaving them invisible to such things as thermal imaging equipment.
- Invisibility: A more advanced form of camouflage and often confused with it.
- Advanced Technology
- Alien Physiology
- Bionic Physiology
- Cephalopod Physiology
- Chameleon Physiology
- Color Manipulation
- Reflection Manipulation
- Superior Human Physiology
- Must be able to have similar colors as the location one is at.
- Users of Enhanced Senses can detect the users.
- May be limited to visible light.
- May still cast a shadow.
- May have to stay still.
- The difference between Camouflage and Invisibility is that invisibility is the state of being invisible to the normal eye while camouflage is a disguise or covering up, thus easier to detect. In some universes both of these powers are merged together.
See Also: Chameleon Camouflage.
- Cam Foil (Artemis Fowl)
- Mirror Ship (Dragon Ball Z)
- Camouflage Suit (G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra); via mirror camera paneling
- OctoCamo (Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots)
- Vortex Armor (Terraria)
- Iro Iro no Mi/Color-Color Fruit (One Piece)