- "Time's not a line. It's a circle or a figure eight or a goddamn Slinky. If you can believe that, I don't know why you can't believe that someone might be able to glimpse something farther along the Slinky."
- ― Maggie Stiefvater (The Dream Thieves)
The power to acquire information using sight outside the normal range of detection.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Techniques
- 5 Variations
- 6 Associations
- 7 Limitations
- 8 Known Users
- 9 Known Objects
- 10 Known Powers
- 11 Gallery
- Clear Seeing/Vision
- Invisible Contact
- Intuitive Seeing
- Mind Sight
- Psychic Perspective
- Remote Viewing
- Seeing the Unknown
- Second Sight
Users can acquire information using sight outside the normal range of detection about an object, person, location, or physical event. Usually, they can also do so without the aid of their vision, allowing them to act when they are unable to use their eyes.
Users would be able to detect beings/entities normally completely undetectable, like spiritual and psychic beings. Additionally, they can perceive sights and visual sensations from other dimensions and from past events, future events, or locations that are currently outside the range of normal human senses or vision. This also means that they can receive optical/visual sensations (i.e. itchy eyes, crying/watery eyes, rolling eyes, sharper vision, rapid blinking, blurry vision, blindness) from things outside the normal range of perception.
In short, clairvoyance is extrasensory perception based on a being's vision and/or eyes.
- Chrono Vision- can preserve any events from all over the past, present, and future.
- Dimensional Awareness
- Psychic Perception
- Psychic Scanning
- Supernatural Detection
- Supernatural Tracking
- Supernatural Vision
- Catoptromancy: to use reflective surfaces to see far away people or objects.
- Dream Scrying: to dream actual ongoing far-off events.
- Elemental Scrying: pick up on desired items of interest through natural divination.
- Enhanced Senses: to see over millions of miles, hear everything, and sense an incoming attack.
- Clairaudience: to hear things outside the range of normal perception.
- Psychometry: to perceive residual information of subjects from the past, present, or future.
- Psychic Navigation: to locate people/objects or create a mental map of an area.
- Sensory Scrying: to perceive through other beings' senses.
- Shared Vision: to view another user of clairvoyance sight.
- Tracking Teleportation: to teleport to the location of another person.
- Visual Linking: to link one's vision to another's.
- Astral Projection
- Extrasensory Perception
- Telekinetic Senses
- Precognitive Immunity
- Observation Detection
- Tracking Evasion
- Users usually are required to concentrate to have to imagine their targets as opposed to actual images.
- May happen unexpectedly.
- Range may be restricted to only be able to see people or places they've seen before.
See Also: Seers.
- Enchanted Mirror (Disney's Beauty and the Beast)
- Wicked Witch of the West's magic eye (The Muppets' Wizard of Oz)
- The Guru's Moon Stone (Sly Cooper)
- Cat’s Eye Starfire Gem (Tenko and the Guardians of the Magic)
- Glare-Glare Fruit (One Piece)
- The Polaroid (The Lost Room)
- Galadriel's Mirror (The Lord of the Rings)
- Suiguutou (Twelve Kingdoms)
- Focusing Eyes (Kagerou Project)