- "Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong. Empty all instincts, let go of your earthly tethers enter the void and become one with the wind."
- ― Laghima (Avatar: The Legend of Korra)
- "I wasn't high, I wasn't wired. Just clear. I knew what I needed to do and how to do it."
- ― Eddie Morra (Limitless)
- "Fang Yuan's heart was calm, despite this intense battlefield that was filled with corpses and rivers of blood. In his eyes, these casualties were just numbers. In this battle, many people screamed at the deaths of their friends and family, many people shouted in joy after killing a strong foe, some Gu Masters ran away under the fear of death. Some Gu Masters were filled with ambition, wanting to be a person of higher status. Human emotions became riled up in such moments of life and death, they were frenzied, crazy, while arrogant and unrestrained. Observing the ruthless expressions of the people around, hearing their screaming and shouting, Fang Yuan felt a great sense of serenity and peace. His heart was firm like an ancient abyss, there were no ripples on the surface."
- ― Fang Yuan (Reverend Insanity)
- The Daoist/Taoist Mind
- Mental Parasyte Nullification
- Stationary Mental Frequency
- The Empty Mind/The Mind of Void
- Mental Clarity/Sharpness/Transcendence
- The Clear/Freedom/Flow State of the Mind
- Pure/Transcendental Awareness/Consciousness
- The Selfless State
Users mental boundaries and limitations are completely erased allowing their mental abilities (memory, calculation, learning, creativity, etc.) to be completely unrestricted or subject to blockage, knowing what they need to do and how they need to do it. This exponentially enhances one's integration of knowledge and can store it in more than a single interpretation, before accurately deducing which interpretation would best fit the scenario.
Their mind is unrestricted and uninfluenced by any internal or external factors. It is a state of total awareness and reaction not impeded by higher mental function or emotion, a mind more open and reactive to subtle sensory input, intuition, and spontaneous action. It is a mind that is totally calm - a mind not influenced or caught up in events or others' emotion, thus a mind more able to freely perceive and respond to any situation for the advantage of the user. Upon mastery, the user has essentially reached the ultimate mental pinnacle.
The user's minds are clear and free from all that normally would inflict them as they achieve a state of mental clarity, awareness and enhanced perception (sensory and intuitive) known as pure mind, produced by the absence of conscious thought, ideas, judgments, emotion (fear and anxiety), pre-conception, or self-consciousness.
It is not a state of relaxed, near sleepiness, instead, the mind could be said to be working at a very high speed, but with no intention, plan or direction. This grants the user an unbelievable mental ability; the complete clearing of knowledge acquisition mediums, causing no limitations.
However, this does not mean that the subject lives in the complete absence of emotion. If the drive or emotion does not hinder their goal, they may still pursue it. It also means that the person may still be haunted by past horrors. Although they will be able to still move on with life, it still has the potential to adversely affect someone.
- Accelerated Thought Process
- Action/Reaction Intuition
- Adaptive Learning/Adaptive Mind
- Answer Intuition
- Apprehension Immunity
- Automatic Self-Preservation
- Calm State
- Causality Perception
- Creative Mode
- Detail Intuition
- Enhanced Perception
- Enhanced Response
- Emotion Regulation
- Error Prevention
- Fact Perception
- Flawless Coordination
- High-Speed Reflexes
- Higher Consciousness
- Hyper Awareness
- Hyper Instincts
- Intuitive Precognition
- Limiter Removal - Removing mental limiters.
- Mind Anchoring
- Mind's Eye
- Mental Entity Physiology
- Pain Suppression
- Path to Victory
- Psychic Shield - The user acts nearly on pure instinct which means there are no thoughts to read.
- Sensorimotor Synchrony
- Unrestricted Thought Process
- Absolute Creativity
- Absolute Psionics
- Conscious Mind Suppression
- Efficient Body
- Enhanced Intelligence
- Indomitable Will
- Instant Learning
- Lucidity Manipulation
- Maximum Brain Capacity/Enhanced Brain Capacity
- Maximum Concentration Capacity
- Psionic Godhood
- Pure Form
- Spiritual Meditation
- State of Mind
- Tranquil State
- May cause the user to forget emotions or moral bounds, thus making them lose their humanity and identity.
- Although the user may be able to set aside, or suppress their emotions, it does not mean that they are completely independent of them.
- Having such enlightenment can lead to the subject becoming disconnected with humanity, and cause them to be misunderstood by most people who do not possess a similar ability.
- May still be capable of experiencing stress.
- Usually attempts the most efficient solution, even if it means dying.
- May be weak to Distraction Inducement.
See Also: Don't think, Feel
- Heart of Snow Glazed Glass (Against the Gods)
- Ultra Instinct (Dragon Ball Super)
- Musō Tensei (Fist of the Blue Sky/Fist of the North Star)
- Selfless State (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Cadence of the Planes (Planescape)
- Awakening (Saga Frontier)
- Manjō Musō (Shuumatsu no Valkyrie)
- Great Sage (That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime)
- Clear Mind (Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's)