- "He's not Will. He is Will, but… you know what I mean."
- ― Beverly Crusher on Thomas Riker (Star Trek: TNG)
- "Clones can think creatively. You will find that they are immensely superior to droids."
- ― Lama Su to Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars: Legends)
- "I've one of those faces that used to appear familiar to everyone"
- ― Boba Fett (Star Wars: Legends)
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Associations
- 5 Limitations
- 6 Known Users
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- Doppelgänger Physiology/Mimicry
- Replica Physiology/Mimicry
- Replicant Physiology/Mimicry
The user is a clone/copy of another being, being a genetic duplicate of the user, a robotic double, created through magical means, etc.
- Accelerated Development: Clones can be engineered to develop, adapt, and learn faster than normal human beings.
- Bio-Augmentation: Clones can be genetically modified to have superior physical and mental attributes than the person they are cloned from.
- DNA Curing: Clones can even be genetically modified to not possess hereditary disorders and illnesses, such as Huntington's Chorea, from their genetic donor. This optimizes a clone's health in contrast to the original genetic donor.
- Genetic Memory: Clones can possess the memories of their respective genetic donor(s).
- Hypercompetence: Clones can be engineered with a set of skills, ranging from specific skills to a variety of skills, depending on the intentions behind their creation.
- Sentience Development: Clones have the potential to become sentient beings themselves rather than just being a copy of their genetic donor.
- Total Mimicry: Clones possesses all of the traits of the being cloned from, ranging from the genetic donor's memories, skills, knowledge, or powers.
- Artificial Physiology
- Bionic Physiology
- DNA Manipulation
- Human Physiology
- Magically Enhanced Physiology
- Science Attuned Physiology
- User's genetics may be unstable, resulting in nasty side effects such as:
- Accelerated Aging: The people who engineered the clone would give the clones a limited lifespan to prevent possible uprisings against their creator.
- Infertility: The people who engineered the clone could engineer the clone's genetic with terminator genes, preventing the clone from procreating or even being cloned.
- Apathy: The clones can be engineered to possess no sense of human emotions and thus be nothing more than a biological weapon.
- Self-Necrosis: The clone's physiology could be unstable to the point of death by breaking down via necrosis/decaying, causing them to painfully dying out.
- Multiple personalities: The clones would possess the personality of the person they were clones from as well as their personality traits at the same time.
- If the clone is overused or abused it may turn on and kill its handler.
- May be able to overcome their programming thus refusing to submit to their creator's orders.
- May have/develop personality traits different from the original.
See Also: Our Clones Are Identical.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.