- Cyclops Mimicry
- Mono-eyed humanoid Physiology
- One-Eyed Being Physiology
User with this ability either is or can transform into a cyclops (plural: Cyclopes) or one-eyed humanoid. In mythology this trait was generally associated with fearsome creatures, in modern fiction some one-eyed creatures are likewise frightening enemies but others are friendly. It should be noted that Cyclops more accurately translates to "circle-eye" or "wheel-eye", referring to its size, therefore Cyclopean technically means huge, and not one-eyed (not to mention mythical Cyclops themselves were giants).
Cyclops of Greek mythology can be divided into two different groups, depending of their ancestry:
- The Elder Cyclops, Brontes ("thunderer"), Steropes ("lightning") and the "bright" Arges ("vivid-flash") were children of Uranus and Gaea. They were temperamental master-smiths that crafted many of the weapons and tools of the gods, before they and their descendants entered into service of Hephaestus.
- The younger cyclops were most likely descendants of giants or gods, far less civilized and the reason why cyclops are considered primitive and destructive species.
Elder Cyclops Physiology
Many modern descriptions of cyclops give then variety of Ocular Powers.
- User has no depth perception, although they may have ways to compensate for this.
See Also: Cyclops.