- "Calhoun had always had something of a sixth sense for danger. ... He'd even been tested for it at Starfleet Academy, and researchers had found nothing in particular. Calhoun's contention was that there was nothing to find because, during the research, no danger was present."
- ― Star Trek: New Frontier: Martyr
- "I get these chills up and down my spine, and all of the sudden, it's as clear as day. That if I stay put, I'm dead."
- ― Kabuto Kirisaki (Psyren)
- "No one-including my own wife-can sneak up on me, or ambush me from behind!"
- ― Peter Parker/Spider-Man to Mary Jane (Marvel Comics)
The power to detect impending threats.
- Dairokkan (Japanese)
- Danger Awareness/Detection/Reacting/Sense/Sensing
- Gut Feeling
- Hazard Detection/Intuition/Reacting/Sense/Sensing
- Intent Detection/Intuition/Reacting/Sense/Sensing
- Mantra/Kenbunshoku/Observation Haki (One Piece)
- Precognitive Detection/Intuition/Reacting/Sense/Sensing
- Sixth Sense
- Spider/Spidey-Sense (Marvel Comics)
- Threat Detection/Intuition/Reacting/Sense/Sensing
- Thundersense (The Thundermans)
- The Gitchy Feelin' (Bone Comics)
- The Willies
The user can sense nearing danger, acute danger, potential immediate danger, or impending danger and sense unwanted or hectic threats to their well-being and evade it. The intuition usually regards themselves but may include their surroundings (like a distant car-wreck).
- Adrenaline Rush: to see time at a slower speed, like watching a movie in slow motion.
- Aim Dodging: to avoid linear attacks.
- Body Language Prediction: to read body language and correctly predict an opponent's next move.
- Death Sense: to sense impending death so as to avoid it.
- Evasion: to evade anything.
- Flash Precognition: to perceive a few seconds or minutes into the future.
- Radar Sense: to utilize a form of radar sensors to detect danger.
- Accelerated Perception
- Accelerated Probability
- Attack Prediction
- Body Language Analysis
- Explosion Sense
- Extrasensory Perception
- Flash Precognition
- Hyper Awareness
- Prey Instinct
- Speed Perception
- Supernatural Self-Preservation
- Threat Identification
- Usually unable to shut off the ability.
- Always unable to control this ability.
- Could be fooled by someone you trust, (i.e. best friend literally stabs you in the back).
- May be unable to sense distant dangers.
- May be unable to divert oneself from assaults.
- May become paranoid after continuous attacks.
- Reflexes may be hindered due to the user's normal capabilities.
- May be hard to decipher the impending danger until it happens.
See Also: Spider-Sense.
- Horcruxes (Harry Potter)
- Nebula Chain (Saint Seiya)
- Bracelets (Super Doll Licca-chan)
- Millennium Puzzle (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Kenbunshoku Haki (One Piece)