- "That's what I found in the boy. No conscience, no fear, no humanity. Just a black void. I couldn't control him, I couldn't get out, I had never even manifested until you brought me forth. I just sat there and watched as he destroyed everything around him. Not from a belief in evil, not for any reason at all. That boy's mind was the blackest hell I've ever known."
- ― Ethros Demon describing Ryan Anderson (Angel)
- Black/Blackened/Corrupt/Impure/Tainted Life-Force/Soul
- Soul of Pure Corruption/Darkness/Shadow
User possesses a soul that is either entirely devoid of light, or has been thoroughly corrupted to the point of enabling the use of arcane, unnatural powers not accessible to the pure. This soul often results in the user being driven to evil and chaos, but the user could, if adequately accustomed to the darkness, use it without descending into evil.
- Apathy: Close oneself off from the souls of others.
- Corruption Empowerment: Gain strength from one's own corrupt nature.
- Corruption Inducement
- Dark Arts
- Dark Divinity: If his dark soul is at a transcendent level, he/she/they would consider themselves to be a deity soul
- Good Immunity: Resist good by a soul of pure evil.
- Inner Darkness: The user can control their inner darkness.
- Negative Forces Manipulation
- Powers Via Object: If object requires malice of soul.
- Ambition Manipulation
- Artificial Soul
- Corruption Manipulation
- Dark Heart
- Demon Soul
- Devil Soul
- Indomitable Will
- Multiple Souls
- Strong Soul
- May be incapable of good, even by their own volition.
- May be vulnerable to Purification.
- May be vulnerable to users of pure or holy powers.
- If purification is desired, it may be much harder than for someone with a Dark Heart.
- Dark Soul (Dark Souls)