- "May the blessings of the shadows be with him, blessing deeper and darker than everlasting darkness."
- ― Al-Thamen (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
- "In the dark, there is none stronger than me"
- ― Graymalkin (Marvel Comics)
- Darkness Affinity
- Dark Empowerment/Affinity
- Shadow Empowerment/Affinity
- Strength in the Dark
Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they come in contact with darkness or shadow, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the darkness or even slow or stop aging.
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Self-Power Augmentation
- Light Manipulation is highly effective against this power.
- Being in light may weaken the user.
- Being out of the dark may cause damage to users body.
- Ectonurites (Ben 10 Series)
- Night Girl (DC Comics)
- Shadow Thief (DC Comics); limited to shadows
- Vampires (DC Comics)
- Vampires (Folklore)
- Dusk Zone people (Futary wa Pretty Cure)
- Graymalkin (Marvel Comics)
- Vampires (Marvel Comics)
- Gekko Moriah (One Piece); limited to shadows
- Dark monsters (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Dark Thunder Energy victims (Ultraman X)
- Dercori (Dragon Ball Super)
- Li Yunmu (Shadow Hack)
- Fumikage Tokoyami/Tsukuyomi (My Hero Academia); via Dark Shadow
- Ganon/Ganondorf (The Legend of the Zelda series); via hatred and greed