- Dark/Shadow Symbiosis
- Dark/Darkness/Shadow Being/Force Symbiosis
- Umbral Symbiosis
The user can gain powers by hosting darkness/shadow-based beings/forces in one’s body. These can include embodiments of dark elemental forces, ethereal beings associated with or in charge of darkness or even entities comprised of shadow. The bond between entity and host can impart powerful darkness abilities based on the force being used, but as with most forms of Symbiosis, it can come with a price.
- Dark Energy Manipulation
- Darkness Manipulation
- Darkness Mimicry
- The darkness entity may take over the host’s mind and/or body (Possession).
- Shadow force may be overwhelming or lethal to host’s body.
- Host may develop vulnerabilities based on element’s nature, e.g., darkness being weak against light.
- Shadow Absorption/Shadow Erasure/Umbrakinetic Immunity could defeat user.
- Shunsui Kyōraku (Bleach)
- Fumikage Tokoyami (Boku no Hero Academia)
- Johnny 13 (Danny Phantom)
- Shadowlands Users (DC Comics)
- Zato-1 (Guilty Gear)
- Tobio Ikuse (Highschool DxD)
- Alessi (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part III Stardust Crusaders); via Sethan
- Polpo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part V Golden Wind/Vento Aureo); via Black Sabbath
- Dark Avatar (The Legend of Korra)
- Stygian/Pony of Shadows (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
- Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog)
- Mario (Stupid Mario Brothers)
- Darkness Hosts (Top Cow Comics)