The user can force target to face their inner evil, either in a mental struggle or bring the victim's dark side into the world as a physical being. When a darkness is faced, it's arguably more powerful than the good half of the being. They're basically a physical manifestation of the being's past wrong doing, or current doing. They know the being like they know themselves, and that's a frightening thought. Victims are either corrupted, driven insane, or outright killed by the sensation of this ability.
- Corruption Inducement
- Dark Side Aspect Manipulation
- Empathic Creation
- Inner Darkness Externalization
- Malevolence Release
- Penance Stare
- Sin Detection
- Vice Inducement
- Target with no evil in their hearts are unaffected.
- Targets who are powered by evil will become even more dangerous.
- Targets with a Indomitable Will, Strong Heart, and/or Strong Soul are highly resistant and/or overcome their dark urges.
- Since the power requires a heart/soul for the power to work, targets who are Heartless/Soulless are unaffected.
- Black kryptonite (Smallville)
- Waterfall of Truth (Naruto)
- Trolden Glass (Once Upon a Time); via the Spell of Shattered Sight
- Collective Unconscious (Persona series)
- Helheim (God of War)