The user can force target to face their inner evil, either in a mental struggle or bring the victim's dark side into the world as a physical being. When a darkness is faced, it's arguably more powerful than the good half of the being. They're basically a physical manifestation of the being's past wrong doing, or current doing. They know the being like they know themselves, and that's a frightening thought. Victims are either corrupted, driven insane, or outright killed by the sensation of this ability.
- Target with no evil in their hearts are unaffected.
- Targets who are powered by evil will become even more dangerous.
- Targets with a Indomitable Will, Strong Heart, and/or Strong Soul are highly resistant and/or overcome their dark urges.
- Since the power requires a heart/soul for the power to work, targets who are Heartless/Soulless are unaffected.
- May require physical or eye contact to work.
- User may not be able to do other things while using this ability depending on the nature/origin of the ability.
- Mirage (Aladdin: The Animated Series)
- Aku (Samurai Jack)
- The Son (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
- Darkseid (DC Comics)
- Obsidian (DC Comics)
- Spawn (Image Comics)
- Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics); via the Penance Stare
- Mister Negative (Marvel Comics)
- Shriek (Marvel Comics)
- Sith (Star Wars)
- Ingrid (Once Upon a Time)
- Users of Black kryptonite (Smallville)
- Spike the Devil Man (Dragon Ball)
- Babidi (Dragon Ball Z)
- Nightshroud (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
- Trueman (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
- Yubel (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
- Elisio (Kira Kira Pretty Cure a la Mode)
- The Black Beast (BlazBlue)
- Yūki Terumi/Hazama (BlazBlue)
- Cia (Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors)
- Heartless (Kingdom Hearts)
- Malefor/The Dark Master (The Legend of Spyro)
- Gene (Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops)
- The Dark Powers (Ravenloft)