- Death Energy Symbiosis
- Thanatokinetic Symbiosis
The user can gain powers through a symbiotic relationship with a death-force/death-based being (such as an embodiment of death-force or an entity that controls and/or is comprised of it). Thanks to its necrotic essence, the bond between host and entity can impart the power to control death, decay and even souls. Because of the inherently lethal nature of the power being wielded, this type of Symbiosis can come with a price.
- Death Element Manipulation
- Death-Force Manipulation
- Death-Force Physiology
- Death-Force Power Link
- Necroplasmic Conversion
- The death-force entity may take over the host’s mind and/or body (Possession).
- The power wielded may be dangerous to the user.
- Powerful death-force entity may harm or even destroy host’s body.
- Animancy/Bond Destruction/Death Negation/Death-Force Absorption/Life Resilience/Life-Force Manipulation could defeat the user.
- May be limited to specific aspects of death (decay, destruction, passage of time).
- May be unable to reverse effects of power usage.
- Avatars of The Black/Rot (DC Comics)
- Azraeuz Hosts (DC Comics)
- Black Lantern Corps (DC Comics)
- Nekron (DC Comics)
- Human Death Note users (Death Note)
- Ankhseram Black Magic Users (Fairy Tail)
- Sports Maxx (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part VI: Stone Ocean); via Limp Bizkit
- Julius Kane (The Kane Chronicles)
- Walt Stone (The Kane Chronicles)
- DeMarr Davis/Doorman (Marvel Comics)
- Members of The Hand (Marvel Comics); via Beast
- Crew of the Flying Dutchman (Pirates of the Caribbean)
- Reapers (Supernatural)