- "The ability to read an opponent's moves...Obviously does not belong exclusively to you."
- ― Hou Ken to Kyou Kai (Kingdom)
- "King Crimson has already seen through it. Your movements in the future. The trajectory of your movements in the future."
- ― Diavolo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part V/5: Golden Wind/Vento Aureo)
The power to predict and interpret others' defenses. Variation of Combat Perception, Enhanced Reflexes, and Causality Perception.
- Battle Prediction
- Combat Clairvoyance
- Defense Killer
The user can interpret and predict enemy defenses and react to the incoming defenses, brush off or totally avoid the upcoming defenses even from a dead angle.
- May not be able to predict defenses that are too fast.
- May not be able to predict multiple defenses coming from every direction.
- May not be able to predict Homing Effect defenses.
- Users are unable to predict movements from opponents with Unpredictability.
- May be dependent on the user's state of mind and concentration.
- Doesn't directly provide defense from the attack.
- May not be able to cope if the predicted defense is perfectly attuned with the actual assault or if the user reacts slower and unable to do so in time.
See Also: Combat Clairvoyance.
- Sword of Sanctuary (Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu)
Among Midnighter's (DC Comics/Wildstorm) numerous enhancements is a mental "combat computer" that allows him to predict every single possible outcome of a fight before the first punch is even thrown.
Thanks to his Spider-Sense, Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) can predict incoming attacks and respond accordingly.
Turtlebot (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 2003 TV series)
Joukkyu Kunotoshi (Aiki) can predict attacks from every direction.
Washio (Buso Renkin) reading the wind currents with his wings to predict his opponent's next move.
Having been programmed with knowledge of all of Son Goku's techniques, Super 17 (Dragon Ball GT) is able to predict and see through them.
Thanks to his Ultimate Eye, King Bradley (Fullmetal Alchemist) can see an opponent's attacks, including bullets.
The Sharingan (Naruto) allows its wielder to read and predict an opponent's attack...
...Shisui Uchiha using it to read and block the attacks of the Foundation's ANBU...
...Sasuke using his own to read and block Naruto's Nine-Tail chakra enhanced Taijutsu...
After 2 years of intense training, Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece) shows off his mastery of Kenbunshoku/Observation Haki by predicting and evading a Pacifista's laser attacks...
...and later, Hody Jones' Shark Bullets technique.
Vergo (One Piece) using his Kenbunshoku/Observation Haki.
Sanji's (One Piece) mastery of Kenbunshoku/Observation Haki allows him to predict unexpected high-speed attacks.
With no mistakes, Diavolo/Doppio's sub Stand, Epitaph (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part V/5: Golden Wind/Vento Aureo) can flawlessly predict an opponent's attack within the next 10 seconds.
While he excels in overwhelming attack power, Hou Ken, the Bushin of Zhao's Three Great Heavens (Kingdom) also excels in defensive power as he blocks the coordinated attack of the Kyou Army...
...and predicts Kyou Kai's finishing strike.
Being programmed with the data of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, the X Robot (Sonic X) is able to anticipate and predict their attacks.
Eiji Nochizawa's (Sword Art Online) Augma allows him to predict and evade incoming attacks.
Shadow Rise's (Persona 4) Supreme Insight technique allows her to predict enemy attacks.
Emerl (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Ian Archer (Tower Prep) achieves this through his "Preflex" ability.