- "You can't really think you're getting up, I can keep increasing my density... until I shove you straight through to China."
- ― Thunder to Supergirl (DC Comics)
The power to manipulate the density of objects or entities. Sub-power of Mass Manipulation.
- Density Alteration/Amplification
- Density Control
- Density Shifting/Changing
The user can manipulate density, which is defined as mass per unit of volume. This allows them to alter solidity, change the size of substances, create or destroy matter/mass in a volume, change inertial resistance (mass), make things intangible, either strengthen or weaken gravity, concentrate or expand matter, or create pressure differences in a fluid (gas, liquid, plasma) to induce a current and possibly use it to move solids.
Some users might even be able to control electrical charge density, which is the amount of electric charge per unit volume. This would, in turn, enable them to manipulate electromagnetic fields. Control over population density might also be possible for some users as well.
- Buoyancy Manipulation
- Enhanced Durability/Supernatural/Invulnerability
- Flow Manipulation
- Personal Density
- Pressure Manipulation
- Weight Manipulation
- Air Walking by changing air density to make a platform out of compressed air.
- Electromagnetism Manipulation
- Gravity Manipulation by making something so dense it gravitates other things.
- Mass Manipulation
- Matter Creation by adding matter (which has mass) to a volume, thus making it dense. Matter can also be destroyed to make the volume less dense.
- Population Control Population Density
- Property Manipulation
- Size Manipulation by increasing the volume of mass.
- Supernatural Condition by making your body more dense and resistant to an external force.
- Teleportation by teleporting mass from one volume of space to another. This thus changes how dense those volumes are.
- Viscosity Manipulation
- Water Walking by changing water density to increase its buoyancy and thus walk on it.
- May be limited to manipulating only mass, density or solidity.
- May be limited to affecting only others, themselves or objects.
- Weight may cause an issue.
- Vibra- space belt (DC Comics)
- Orb (Phineas and Ferb)
- SCP-294 - The Coffee Machine (SCP Foundation)