The mutative power in which one develops Armor-like skin. Also known as Impenetrable Skin or Natural Armor. The ability is a sub-form Density Manipulation.
The users skin, or "Derma" becomes resistant to attack harm or pain. May or may not be a permanent covering, altering the users physique or hiding just beneath the surface.
- Elemental Mimicry: The skin may permanently be changed to a strong element (Stone, gem, or metal)
- Exoskeleton: The user may bond bionic or biotic parts to their skin, permanently or as a suit. (weapons may accompany.)
- Bio-Manipulation: The user has a double sided skin and the ability to flip over each molecule individually.
- Permanence: Users skin may naturally grow six or eight inches thick and be very hard (I.E. Hulk)
- Users may sink in water
- If one were to disrupt the process of "armoring up" the results could be disasterous.
- Selective armoring is rare, in short it is an "all or none" principle, either fully armored or not at all.
- Sacrifices speed for durability
- Reverting back to original form or natural state is moderately difficult or irreversible.
- Deflection bullets or weapons ricochet off skin
- Hammer: Limbs become almost metallic and hammer like
- The Thing (Marvel)
- The Abomination (Marvel)
- Hulk (Marvel)
- Hulkling (Marvel)
- She-Hulk (Marvel)
- Colossus (Marvel)
- Indra (Marvel)
- Dooms Day (DC comics)
- Greed (Full Metal Alchemist)
- Wario (Super Mario 64)
- Ling Yao (Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood)- when Greed posseses him.
- Ethan James (Power Rangers Dino Thunder)
- Alex Mercer (Prototype)
- James Heller (Prototype 2)