- " They drain peace, hope, and happiness. Every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you. You will be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life."
- ― Description of Dementors (Harry Potter)
- "Now, everyone, please enjoy to your heart's content the moment dreams and hope transform into despair. Because That is the ultimate entertainment!"
- ― Gild Tesoro (One Piece Film:Gold)
- "What is the Nothing? It's the emptiness that's left. It's like a despair, destroying this world. And I have been trying to help it."
- "But why?"
- "Because people who have no hopes are easy to control. And whoever has control has the Power."
- ― Atreyu and G'mork (The Neverending Story)
- Depression Inducement
- Despair Induction
- Dread Inducement
- Gloom Inducement
- Hopelessness Inducement
The user can induce feelings of despair and depression into others, making them think there's nothing worth living for in life. The user can bring out emotions such as sadness, hopelessness, depression, and despair, possibly even eventually driving the victim to suicide.
- Death Aspect Inducement
- Despair Manipulation
- Doubt Inducement
- Emotion Inducement
- Hope Manipulation
- Nostalgia Inducement
- May stem from Belief Inducement
- Loneliness Embodiment
- Nihilism Embodiment
- Soulcutter (Book of Swords)
- Despair Video (Danganronpa)
- Hollow Hollow no Mi (One Piece)