- Backward Evolution
- Devolution Manipulation
- Genetic Reversion
Users can reverse evolution by influencing the bodily functions and the genome and reverse the process causing the organism to revert back to its very early state (Ex. Humans return to being cells). The user can even cause other beings who have Evolution powers to devolve as well back to their original forms thus no longer able to use those powers.
- Lose a new/different appearance or form.
- Lose new or greater powers.
- Take away evolutionary power to others
- Decrease in natural abilities/skills.
- Take away evolutionary aspects from others.
- Devolve living beings back into primordial goop or straight to nothingness.
- The user may find certain beings that are incapable of devolving.
- Gorilla Grodd (DC Comics)
- Apocalymon (Digimon)
- Cell (Dragon Ball Z)
- Dr. Alfred Brandon (I Was A Teenage Werewolf)
- Anti-Spiral (Gurren Lagann)
- Retro/Experiment 210 (Lilo & Stitch)
- High Evolutionary (Marvel Comics)
- Eri (My Hero Academia)
- Mew (Pokémon)
- Vee (Pokémon Adventures); prior to evolving into an Espeon
- Dr. Carlo Lombardi (The She Creature)
- President Koopa (Super Mario Bros. film)
- Dr. Animo's Devolution Ray (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien)
- Setback Gem (Camp Lakebottom)
- Jumanji (Jumanji)
- Soul Gem (Marvel Comics)
- Devolutioninator (Phineas and Ferb)
- Devo Chamber (Super Mario Bros. film)
- Devolution Gun (Super Mario Bros. film)
- Rio Reverso (Xiaolin Showdown)