The power to create cracks in dimensions. Sub-power of Dimensional Manipulation. Not to be confused with Space-Time Rift.
The user can create cracks in the very fabric of dimensions.
- While one may compare this to simply opening portals, it can be far more dangerous, as it is basically tearing the boundaries of dimensions open to connect different ones together.
- Rifts may remain indefinitely, scarring the fabrics of reality and posing a long-term danger.
- Rifts may last for only a period of time before closing off.
- Rift Inducer/Rift Ripper (Ratchet & Clank)
- Leylines (Rifts)
- Rift Engines (Skylanders)
- Dimensional Mirror (Shining Tears x Wind); after being cracked
- The Reaper's Scythe (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
When used in the proper ritual, Dawn Summers' (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) blood opens rifts between all existing dimensions, potentially destroying everything.
The Eaters' (Digimon) mere presence started to corrode the dimensional wall between the human world and the Digital world.
Garlic Jr. (Dragon Ball) shattering the dimensional wall of the Dead Zone to escape.
Super Buu (Dragon Ball Z) creating a dimensional rift to escape another dimension.
Inuyasha's (Inuyasha) Meido Tessaiga can create dimensional tears that send target into the NetherWorld.
Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda) banishing his phantom offshoot within a dimensional interstice.
Using the Darkburst, Samus Aran (Metroid) opens a rift to a dark dimension, pulling enemies to oblivion.
Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony Series), open rifts to Equestria.
Akua Shuzen (Rosario + Vampire) creating a rift in dimensions to slash down her opponent.
Touhou Fuhai (Rosario + Vampire) creating a rift in dimensions to slash down her opponent.
Demise (Valkyrie Crusade) can manipulate dimensions, destroying her foes in dimensional rifts.
Kazuma Kuwabara (Yu Yu Hakusho) creating a rift in dimensions with his sword.