- Bacteria/Bacterial Symbiosis
- Germ/Germinal Symbiosis
- Pathogen/Pathogenic Symbiosis
- Viral/Virus Symbiosis
The user can gain powers by hosting diseases/pathogens in one's body. The beings can come in a variety of forms (bacteria, germs, viruses, etc.). They can live inside the host and be utilized according to the need. Often, the host will be able to manifest pathogenic abilities like infection, health deterioration, shapeshifting and even a more robust physique, due to the symbiote's influence.
As a living, possibly intelligent being, the disease symbiote will most likely do what it can to ensure the welfare of its host so the relationship can continue successfully. As with other forms of Symbiosis, it can come with a price.
- Disease Manipulation
- Disease Mimicry
- Infectious Energy Manipulation
- Life Link
- Microbial Communication
- Pathogen Manipulation
- Pestilence Manipulation
- Physical Augmentation
- Regeneration Manipulation
- Symbiotic Connection
- Symbiotic Transformation
- The diseases may take over the host's body (Possession).
- The symbiote's weaknesses may be passed onto the host.
- The symbiote may require certain conditions/substances (food, water, etc.) to survive.
- Powerful pathogenic beings may harm or even destroy the host.
- Extended bond may result in permanent merge between host and symbiote(s).
- Shunsui Kyōraku (Bleach); via Nidanme: Zanki no Shitone
- Pestilence (DC Comics)
- Somahturians (DC Comics)
- Bruce Wayne/Devastator (DC Comics)
- Zorrm the Desolate Hosts (DC Comics)
- Pannacotta Fugo (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part V: Golden Wind/Vento Aureo); via Purple Haze
- Dr. Ferdinand (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part VII: Steel Ball Run); via Scary Monsters
- Pestilence Incarnations (Marvel Comics)
- Pathogen Hosts (Prototype)