- "A divided mind is an unfocused mind. A divided mind fractures walls and weakens stone. Many divided minds may destroy a city"
- ― Dak'kon (Planescape: Torment)
- "Utsuro. Yoshida Shouyo. I’m both of those and neither at the same time. One that has lived within this body for so long, I’ve forgotten my very name. No, maybe I never had a name to begin with. I was only showered with endless insults and hostility. And the only name I remember is… Devil."
- ― Utsuro (Gintama)
- "If you struggle, I thrive. That's how we work."
- ― The Void to Robert Reynolds/Sentry (Marvel Comics)
The ability to contain multiple sentient personalities within one's mind. Not to be confused with Gestalt Mind.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Associations
- 5 Limitations
- 6 Known Users
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- Adaptive Personality
- Alter Ego
- Alternate Ego/Personality
- Dissociative Identity/Split Personality Disorder
- Double Life/Personality
- Dual Mind
- Multiple Egos/Mind/Personalities/Personality Disorder/Souls
- Split Personality Manifestation
- Borderline Personality Disorder
The user is subjected to these personalities, which can be evoked at variable times. Some personas may be passive or aggressive, some may have different powers.
The separate identity inhabiting the user's hosting body is attributed as a specific symbiote. In most cases, this identity can exist for an extended period in which the user may have no prior knowledge of the identity's existence.
It is apparent that while these personas all lookout for the original, a factor may present to have intents of over-writing and taking over as the original identity.
- Multiple personae may each have special talents.
- May have different superpowers.
- Split Personality Combat
- Consciousness Shattering
- Gestalt Form
- Gestalt Mind
- Hive Mind
- Inner Beast
- Mind Hive
- Specialized Personalities
- Having both a good and evil personality can result in the user being unreliable to everyone.
- Personas may be removed by Mental Release.
- Clear Mind may restore the original mentality, curing the mental disorder.
- Other personalities may take over the entire body permanently.
- Might be hard to control.
- User may not remember the other personality has taken over.
- Personas may battle for control of the body. However, if the user possesses Tactile Empathy to Telepathy, they should be capable of switching their personalities freely, thus binding them into regulation. In a similar scenario, if the user has Indomitable Will, he/she can overcome the alternate personas from controlling the user.
- Personas may take over when there's a certain event or if the user is under extreme stress or emotion.
- If the user is unconscious or asleep, the personas may show up to claim their body.
- Telepathy may be able to tell from there are other personalities, but might be difficult if the personalities have the same voices and characteristics as the original.
- Mind Control may also counter this since all the personalities share the same body.
- Fission Inducement/Aspect Expulsion can get bring the personality into existence but may come with a price if the personalities should get rid of the original they inhabited.
- Psionic Inundation can damage the mind, as well as the other personalities.
- Unless they possess Sensory Scrying, the other personalities may not know what the original is doing.
See Also: Split Personality.