- "One can also kick the air to float."
- ― Blueno describing Geppō (One Piece)
The ability to jump without the aid of a physical surface whilst in the air from a previous jump. Technique of Supernatural Leap.
- Air Hike (Devil May Cry)
- Geppo (One Piece)
- Doubleflight (Kingdom Hearts)
- Mid-Air Jump
The user uses their own inertia to create a vortex around themselves that substitutes a physical body to propel themselves off of.
Some users can jump infinitely, this is made possible due to their leg strength - using the speed of a kick through the air, one can use the air (which, due to the speed of the kick, could not escape properly) as a sort of cushion of the fall, therefore using it to jump another time. Given that the user has enough power in his/her legs, one can jump as many times as possible. A common video game cliche.
- Defy gravity for a short period on time.
- Jump to high place.
- Jumping large gaps.
- Reaching hard to reach ledges.
- Infinite Jump - The user can jump indefinitely in mid-air without stopping.
- May be limited to only ascending, ie. it must be used before the jump reaches the top of its arc.
- Once the initial vortex has been created, the user cannot generate enough inertia to make another jump until they reach the ground or another tangible surface.
See Also: Double Jump.