- "Dragons always attracted me as a mythological element. They seemed to be able to comprise human malice and bestiality together so extraordinarily well, and also a sort of malicious wisdom and shrewdness — terrifying creatures!"
- ― J. R. R. Tolkien
- "My armour is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail is a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!"
- ― Smaug (J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit)
- "We men dream dreams, we work magic, we do good, we do evil. The dragons do not dream. They are dreams. They do not work magic: it is their substance, their being. They do not do; they are."
- ― Ursula K. Le Guin, The Farthest Shore
- "Dragons all possessed their own immense power, and lived freely according to their own will. Now, the fate of the world was dominated by dragons."
- ― Azazel (Highschool DxD)
- "Dragons are incarnations of power itself. They worshiped no Gods, they bow to no Kings. Dragons' purity of thought to live and die by their own will is what makes them supreme."
- ― God Serena (Fairy Tail)
- "Gronckle, Zippleback, the Skrill... Boneknapper... Whispering Death... burns its victims, buries its victims, chokes its victims, turns its victims inside-out... extremely dangerous, extremely dangerous... kill on sight, kill on sight, kill on sight..."
- ― Hiccup Horrendous Haddrock III (How to Train Your Dragon)
The power to use the abilities of dragons. Variation of Mythical Bestiary.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Variations
- 5 Types of Dragons
- 6 Associations
- 7 Limitations
- 8 Universal differences
- 9 American Dragon
- 10 A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones
- 11 Bleach/Burn The Witch
- 12 Berserk
- 13 Breath of Fire
- 14 Dragonaut - The Resonance
- 15 Dragon Crisis
- 16 Dungeons & Dragons
- 17 Spyro universe
- 18 Skylanders Universe
- 19 Rave Master
- 20 Fairy Tail
- 21 Edens Zero
- 22 High School DxD
- 23 How to Train Your Dragon
- 24 Warcraft
- 25 Known Users
- 26 Known Objects
- 27 Gallery
- 28 Videos
- Draconic/Draconian Body/Mimicry/Physiology
- Draconus Body/Mimicry/Physiology (Scientific Name)
- Dragon Body/Mimicry
- Ryū Body/Mimicry/Physiology
- Vritra Body/Mimicry/Physiology
- Wyrm Body/Mimicry/Physiology
User with this ability either is or can transform into a Dragon; a legendary creature, typically depicted with serpentine or reptilian traits, that features in the myths of many cultures. There are two distinct cultural traditions of dragons: the European Dragon, derived from European folk traditions and which is ultimately related to Greek and Middle Eastern mythologies, and the Chinese Dragon, with counterparts in Japan, Korea and other East Asian countries.
Broadly speaking, dragons can be divided into following groups:
- Western Dragons, typically depicted as a huge fire-breathing, scaly and horned lizard-like creature, with leathery, bat-like wings, with four legs and a long muscular tail. It is sometimes shown with feathered wings, crests, fiery manes, ivory spikes running down its spine and various exotic colorations. Dragon's blood often has magical properties. The typical dragon protects a cavern or castle filled with gold and treasure and is often associated with a "great" hero who tries to slay it. Though a winged creature, the dragon is generally to be found in its underground lair, a cave that identifies it as an ancient creature of the earth.
- Asian Dragons, typically portrayed as long, scaled, serpentine creatures with four legs. Traditionally they symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, hurricane, and floods, and are also a symbols of power, strength, and good luck. They have also extended range of supernatural powers, changing size or form (most are able to take human shape), fly among the clouds or hide in water, form clouds, turn into water, change color as an ability to blend in with their surroundings as an effective form of camouflage or glow in dark places.
- Lesser Drakes is something of a catch-all category, including the lesser dragon-like beings, such as wyverns, worm/wyrms, lindworms, etc., which are generally smaller and more animal-like in mind and behavior.
- Atmospheric Adaptation
- Decelerated Aging or Semi-Immortality
- Dermal Armor/Scale Manifestation
- Elemental Breath
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Enhanced Durability or Supernatural Durability
- Enhanced Endurance or Supernatural Endurance
- Enhanced Intelligence or Supernatural Intelligence
- Enhanced Stamina or Supernatural Stamina
- Enhanced Strength or Supernatural Strength
- Enhanced Senses or Supernatural Senses
- Enhanced Roar or Supernatural Roar
- Enhanced Wisdom or Supernatural Wisdom
- Fear Masking/Fearlessness
- Flight, possibly by Wing Manifestation
- Magic Adaptation
- Magic Resistance/Magic Immunity
- Natural Weaponry
- Thermal Resistance
- Acid Generation
- Beak Protrusion
- Draconic Element Manipulation
- Draconic Energy Manipulation
- Elemental Absorption
- Elemental Energy Manipulation
- Elemental Form
- Magic Generation
- Multiple Heads
- Multiple Legs
- Mystical Blood
- Mystical Healing
- Mystical Soul
- Poison Generation
- Power Bestowal/Power Sharing
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Unnatural Size
Types of Dragons
- Amphiptere Physiology
- Armored Dragon Physiology
- Asian Dragon Physiology
- Balaur Physiology
- Cartoon Dragon Physiology
- Composite Dragon Physiology
- Cosmic Dragon Physiology
- Dimensional Dragon Physiology
- Dracaenae Physiology
- Dragon Lord Physiology
- Dragonborn Physiology
- Dragonman Physiology
- Eldritch Dragon Physiology
- Elemental Dragon Physiology
- Gestalt Dragon Physiology
- Alien Dragon Physiology
- Angelic Dragon Physiology
- Bionic Dragon Physiology
- Demonic Dragon Physiology
- Data Dragon Physiology
- Dino-Dragon Physiology
- Dragon Turtle Physiology
- Fairy Dragon Physiology
- Feather Dragon Physiology
- Insect Dragon Physiology
- Phoenix Dragon Physiology
- Tannin Physiology
- Undead-Dragon Physiology
- Inanimate Object Dragon Physiology
- Lesser Dragon Physiology
- Mutated Dragon Physiology
- Mystic Dragon Physiology
- Primordial Dragon Physiology
- Psychic Dragon Physiology
- Superpowered Dragon Physiology
- Superior Mystic Dragon Physiology
- Transcendent Dragon Physiology
- White Dragon Physiology
- Chimera Physiology
- Dragon Arm
- Dragon Armor
- Dragon Aura
- Dragon Embodiment
- Dragon Force Manipulation
- Dragon Heart
- Dragon Soul
- Dragon Magic
- Dragon Manipulation
- Dragon Morphing
- Feline Physiology
- Fire Breath
- Fish Physiology
- Giant Monster Physiology
- Jabberwock Physiology
- Jörmungandr Physiology
- Longma Physiology
- Lou Carcolh Physiology
- Mythical Bestiary
- Nigh-Omniscience towards everything related to dragons.
- Ouroboros Physiology
- Qilin Physiology
- Reptilian Physiology
- Sea Serpent Physiology
- May become excessively greedy/proud.
- May not be able to transform back.
- Size could be an issue.
- In some, dealing with the issue of using energy to fly or use fire can be a problem since some who constantly breathe fire could have a problem with flying.
- User gains the fundamental weaknesses of a dragon's body.
- Eye may not be as strongly protected as the rest of the body.
- May not be innately magical, for example breathe-weapon could be biological.
- May have restrictions on what kind of magic they may learn.
In some universes, there are a variety of dragons with different abilities; in Dungeons and Dragons, for example, dragons are arranged by type and corresponding element (Red dragons are fire-breathers, Bronze dragons use electricity).
Within the universe, dragons are shape changers who can easily shift between human and dragon form to move between the mystic & human worlds. They have the traditional set of powers, but utilize their chi to make Thinking Duplicates of themselves and as an excess supply for Mysticism and spell casting. More experienced users can utilize their chi for making Life-Force Constructs such as energy claws.
A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones
These dragons are inspired by the European version, but more closely resemble the Wyvern, having wings attached to their forelimbs. Most of the members of House Targaryen (and their ancestors, the Valyrians) tamed dragons and frequently used them in warfare. Hatching the eggs is no easy task, requiring a combination of fire and a blood sacrifice. Scale color also varies.
Bleach/Burn The Witch
These Dragons are supernatural beings that exist in London. Only visible to residents of Reverse London, they are largely protected and controlled by the Western Branch of Soul Society, as well as a few induviduals in front London known as Watchers. Reverse London, domesticates many of them for the production of resources. ordinary citizens of Reverse London are forbbidon from interacting with Dragons unless they become members of Wing Bind, doing so induces a substance known as Dragontoxin accumulates in their system and turns them into Dragonclad after reaching a certain threshold of concentration.
A race of astral creatures, Dragons were brought into the physical world in the aftermath of of the Great Roar of the Astral World.
- Canyon Dragons
- Water Dragons
Breath of Fire
Dragons of the Brood Clan can interbreed with other species due to having a human form. Such individuals can turn into a dragon via Ascension, and have the power to transform into different forms of dragons.
Dragonaut - The Resonance
The dragons are mecha-like beings, that can transform into humans and return to their natural form using a process called Actualizing
Dragons born in human form with scales on their hands. They use a color-classification system similar to that of Dungeons and Dragons.
- Red: Fire Dragons
- Black: Darkness Dragons
- White: Ice Dragons
- Blue: Water Dragons
Dungeons & Dragons
The powers and personality depend on scale colors. There are two main categories of dragon: chromatic (the Evil-aligned) and metallic (the Good-aligned). Keep in mind that dragons tend to change in Dungeons and Dragons, as different editions are created and discarded. Here is a sample selection of what you might encounter:
- Black, Copper and Green dragons breathe acid. Black and Copper dragons breathe a line of acid, whereas Green breathe a cone of acidic gas.
- Brass, Gold and Red dragons breathe fire. A Red or Gold dragon's breath is a cone, whereas a Brass dragon's breath is a line. NOTE: Brass dragons can also breathe a cone of sleep.
- Silver and White dragons breathe cold. Both dragons breath cones. NOTE: Silver dragons can also breathe a cone of paralyzing gas.
- Bronze and Blue dragons breathe lightning. Both dragons breathe in lines. NOTE: Bronze dragons can also breathe a cone of repulsion.
- Metallic Dragons: Dragons that also have extra breath weapons with spell-like effects, breathed in cones.
- Copper dragons breathe slow gas.
- Brass dragons breathe sleep gas.
- Silver dragons breathe paralyzing gas.
- Bronze dragons breathe repulsion gas.
- Gold dragons breathe weakening gas.
These dragons are much inspired by the classic European, with powers of flight and a breath weapon, but are limited to the mastery of a single element. In the original series of games, there were six breaths: Fire, Water, Bubble, Electricity, Ice and Wind. Other breaths added later include Fury, Earth, Poison, Shadow and Fear.
- Purple dragons are a special and rare breed of dragon. They have the ability to harness the power of multiple elements as opposed to a single one.
These dragons vary in size and appearance, as well as powers. Younger dragons are highly adaptive to their surroundings, making their environment and childhood a key factor to their adulthood, powers, appearance, and personality. Their powers are mainly linked to the elements of Skylands, these dragons also possess powerful magic which also makes them immune to mind control. There are multiple species of dragons as well, which all possess their own unique abilities.
- Purple Dragons Much like the purple dragons from the Spyro series, purple dragons in Skylanders can harness the powers of all the elements.
In this world, a sentient species known as the Dragon Race reside from a dimension known as the Mystic Realm. These Dragons take on human form for hand-to-hand combat and have their own style of martial arts mixed with magic using Dragon based techniques such as utilizing different Dragon elements from their realm into their attacks.
In this universe, there are dragons corresponding to each element, and each dragon race is attuned to their element. These Dragons can consume their element from an external source to replenish their strength. Their power can also be taught to humans as Dragon Slaying Magic, as Dragons in this world can only be harmed by a Dragons power. This magic also gives them Dragon enhanced senses but makes them sensitive to any type of motion sickness except for flying creatures. These humans also run the risk of turning into Dragons upon over use of this magic. Some Dragons even use magic to transform into humans.
- Fire Dragons: Resembling classic European dragons, having red scales with black markings, horns and utilize the element of fire, capable of consuming and spewing flames.
- Hell-Flame Dragons: A variation of the dire dragons whose flames are comparable to hell fire, these dragons are entirely composed of flames and are virtually intangible to any physical and energy based attacks except from other fire dragons and fire dragon slayers.
- Water Dragons: Resembling a large aquatic sea serpent with blue scales and fin-like wings used for swimming and flight. Water dragons can blast a breath of water at high pressure. They are capable of controlling water, being able to split oceans, create barriers, move the sea into the sky, create pillars of water, convert ice to water in an instant and creating a giant deadly whirlpool. Theses dragons can able to cover their body with water, giving them immunity against fire based attacks.
- Earth Dragons: Resembling Western dragons with scales composed entirely of earth and rocks. Unlike most dragons, this breed lacks a sense of sent due to lack of noses.
- Sky Dragons: Are colored white while covered in tissue similar to bird feathers, rather than scales. Sky Dragons manipulate the element of wind, capable of inhaling the air and blasting a breath attack, the cleaner the air, the stronger they become. Sky Dragons primarily use magic as support, capable of healing most injuries and enhancing either its own or others power with enchantments. This breed can also use its power offensively, creating hurricanes, whirlwinds, tornados and even create sharp slashes of wind.
- White Dragons: Light-colored dragons with feathery, angel-esque wings, and has two comparably small antlers protruding from the top of his head instead of horns. This breed of dragons utilizes the element of light and other holy attributes, White Dragons can consume light (and anything colored white) and blast beams of light and a lazer of light from their mouth.
- Shadow Dragons: Black-colored dragons that utilizes the element of darkness and shadows, capable of changing its entire body into shadows in an intangible state that allows them to move swiftly, dodge efficiently in making surprise attacks on its prey, this intangibility is cancelled out by other Shadow Dragons. While in its shadow form, their senses are heightened to a large degree. Shadow Dragons are capable of consuming shadows and blasting a breath it from their mouths. They can also condense their shadows to form various weapons such as blades.
- Lightning Dragons: Dragons that are able to control and manipulate element of lighting as well as turning their bodies into lightning as form of intangibility and to move at high speeds. They posses an incredibly high voltage, being particularly destructive, and the electricity of which they’re composed of seems capable of momentarily paralyzing foes or obliterate them. This breed is capable of absorb and consume lighting as well as firing it as a breath attack.
- Iron Dragons: Dragons whose bodies are covered in armored metallic scales thus having high durability. Iron Dragons can consume all forms of metallic matter and spewing vortex of metallic shards that tear through anything. Iron Dragons are capable of forming various weapons and tools from their bodies.
- Poison Dragons: Purple-scaled dragons that are capable of freely producing and manipulating poison, manifested in the form of a toxic gas, thus granting them immunity to venoms and poisons. Said gas seems to be "tangible", and can thus be used as an effective blunt weapon, inflicting physical damage to foes while at the same time infecting them. This breed is capable of eating any form toxins and spew breath of venomous gas.
- Jade Dragons: green Jade-scaled Dragons that utilizes, manipulates and consume jade-like aura and entities and spew a jade colored breath. Among the capabilities of this Magic, the dragon's breath can emit aura that can not only damage but destroy clothing to better devour their prey.
- Wood Dragons: Dragons whose bodies are entirely made of wood and are the largest known breed of dragons in this world. Wood Dragons are capable manipulating plant-life specifically trees, growing large wooden appendages, fire vast amounts of thorns, release a whirlwind of sharp fire resistant leaves, spawning wooden figures on its body as guards as well as absorbing life-force energy as nutrients from other living beings.
- Diamond Dragons: Dragons whose near-entire body is covered with large, thick, swirl-patterned scales that are entirely made out of adamantine diamond, making the most durable breed of them all. This breed is capable of consuming all forms of diamond and spewing a breath attack combosed of diamond shards minerals.
- Stellanium Dragons: Dragons with blue-colored scales that are also covered with crystals known as Stellanium that are capable of absorb starlight and energy which is then blasted into a breath attack.
- Sage Dragons: Dragons that utilizes the element of sage essence, they use this ability to amplify Magic or Magic Power to higher than normal levels, said to transcend the land, sky, and seas. These dragons are capable of consuming anything in regards to sage essence and spew it out in a fiery form.
- Blade Dragons: Dragons that utilize magic to form blades from any appendage unleash powerful slashes as well as in the form a breath attack. These blades can be used to cut down a persons strength as well as their mental state, rendering them in a state of submissive.
- Armor Dragons: Dragons with the power to generate armor with powerful durability that can withstand to receive any attacks targeted at them while also not feeling any pain, as well as able to materialize armor-like substance such as passageways on water to cross on. The armor it generates can also be used offensively, causing sheer blunt damage.
- Corpse Dragons: An un-dead breed of dragons that are able to manipulate the element of ash. It has the ability to bind their targets and turn them as well as any other element like water and fire into ashes. Dragons of this element can also dissolve their own bodies into ash to be intangible and even teleport themselves and their targets. This element can also be create various objects out of ash.
- Spirit Dragons: Dragons with the qualities of ghosts such as being invisible, intangible and possessing others. They attack with ethereal energy, target their victims with the souls of the dead and harvest the souls of others to consuming them. They can only be touched and harmed by other spectral beings and spiritual based attacks.
- Clinging Dragons: Dragons that consume and produce a sticky substance to cling to various surfaces, they are also capable of wall crawling. This adhesive can also be used to attack their targets from afar and wrap it around their enemies in a cocoon, incapacitate them. This magic also has an advantage over wind based attacks making them ineffective against its sticky substance. This breed can consume any sticky substance such as gum and quickly releases a roar made up of a sticky substance onto their target.
- Moon Dragons: White-scaled Dragons that are covered fur on their neck and wings with dark tips. This breed of Dragons are capable of traveling to different alternate worlds. Moon Dragons consumes celestial objects such as stars and the moon. These Dragons can make their surroundings appear to be nighttime with its own artificial moon and uses it to create an explosion that transports its targets into a different world.
- Fire Dragons: Resembling classic European dragons, having red scales with black markings, horns and utilize the element of fire, capable of consuming and spewing flames.
Dragons are large creatures who live in space. They resemble robots, with gears on their bodies. They fly through space at their own pleasing at incredible speed. These Dragons swarm in a sector known as Dragonfall, the border to the entire Sakura Cosmos, separating it from outer space.
High School DxD
In this universe, the Dragons are divided into many different classes based on their strength, higher class Dragons each have their own special magic abilities unique only to them. Dragons souls are also sealed within Sacred Gears that allow Humans to use that Dragons abilities.
- True Dragon: The highest class in this world that solely belongs to a singular Dragon, who is known as the "Dragon of Dragons (D×D)", far surpassing gods and satans.
- Dragon God: A class that also belongs to a singular Dragon that is one of the most powerful Dragons in existence, rivalling that of the True Dragon class.
- Heavenly Dragons: Dragons with powers that can kill both Gods and Satans, and are considered to be one of the highest class of Dragons with only two belonging to this class.
- Great Dragon Kings: A group of unique Dragons with high destructive powers, rivalling those of Ultimate-Class Devils or even the Satans, with only 6 Dragons belonging to this class.
- High-level Dragons: A Dragon class that belongs to normal Dragons, the highest class a Dragon can generally achieve.
- Low-level Dragons: A Dragon class that belongs to normal Dragons, the weakest class and starting point for Dragons.
How to Train Your Dragon
In the Book of Dragons (also known as the Dragon Manual), Vikings of the Barbaric Archipelago recorded information about dragons and classified them.
- Stoker Class: Dragons are hotheaded fire breathers, and most of them are capable of setting themselves on fire or possess their own, specialized form of using fire.
- Boulder Class: Dragons are tough and associated with the earth. They can eat rocks, and despite that their wings are smaller compared to their entire body, they are able to fly as fast and as high as most other dragons can.
- Sharp Class: Dragons are vain and prideful, and all possess sharp body parts.
- Tidal Class: Dragons live in and near the ocean, and unlike most dragons, they don't have fire breaths as their ranged attacks. These dragons are generally bigger in size than most of other classes, consisting of species classified in the large Dragons.
- Fear Class: Dragons are stealthy and often (but not always) have multiple heads. Instead of fire, they breathe gases with different effects.
- Strike Class: Dragons of this category are super fast, have pin-point accuracy, are highly intelligent and have incredible vice-like jaw strength. They are also the most difficult to train, but the most loyal once trained.
- Mystery Class: Dragons that have little known about them. The often display unique abilities and behavior, whether they can hide themselves, or construct armor consisting of dragon bones.
- Tracker Class: Dragons that have a highly acute sense of smell to track and find things.
These dragons are the guardians of Azeroth, they are divided into different Dragonflights which protect a different Aspect of Azeroth.
- Red: Life
- Blue: Magic
- Green: Dream
- Bronze: Time
- Black: Earth, after Corruption: Death
- Infinite: Anti-Time
- Chromatic: Biological
- Netherwing: Space
- Twilight: Twilight
- Path of the Dragon Stones (Dark Souls series)
- Bag of Dragonite (Earthbound)
- Dragon Fullbottle/Sclashjelly/Evolbottle (Kamen Rider Build)
- Brave Dragon Wonder Ride Book (Kamen Rider Saber)
- Jaaku Dragon Wonder Ride Book (Kamen Rider Saber)
- Gaster Blaster (Undertale)