- "The key to Earthbending is your stance - you've gotta be steady and strong. Rock is a stubborn element. If you're going to move it, you've gotta be like a rock yourself."
- ― Toph Beifong to Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- "Earth is the element of substance."
- ― Iroh to Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- "More rubble, less trouble."
- ― Heavy (Team Fortress 2)
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Techniques
- 5 Variations
- 6 Universe Variations
- 7 Associations
- 8 Limitations
- 9 Known Users
- 10 Known Objects
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Video
- Earth Arts
- Earthbending (Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra)
- Earth Element Control
- Earth Release/Doton (Naruto)
- Subterra (Bakugan)
The user can create, shape and manipulate earth and "earthen" elements including most solid objects, specifically all minerals and mineral compositions regardless of their state (mountain, boulder, sand or dust), dirt, soil, etc. More advanced users can manipulate metals such as iron, copper and titanium.
Offensive uses of this power include extracting huge boulders from the ground and hurling it at the enemy at high speeds, impaling the enemy with countless spikes from the earth and in some cases creating giant golems or other creatures from earth and utilize them for combat. Defensive powers include shaping huge walls or barriers from the ground, creating an omni-directional wave of rocks/stone around the user to defend from all attacks and covering oneself with armor made from earth. Supplementary uses of this power include flight by standing on a piece of levitating earth and enhanced movement by using by skating on the earth and gaining enhanced senses from sensing the earth.
- Burrowing with the choice between simply gliding through the earth or leaving a tunnel.
- Cause Avalanches, Earthquakes, Mudslides or Quicksand.
- Earth Attacks
- Earth Detection
- Earth Generation
- Earth Solidification
- Manipulate the properties of earthen materials.
- Tectonic Plate Manipulation
- Terrakinetic Constructs
- Earth Absorption
- Earth Augmentation
- Earth Aura
- Earth Communication
- Earth Defense
- Earth Empowerment
- Earth Mimicry
- Earth Portal Creation
- Earth Transmutation
- Geokinetic Combat
- Geokinetic Invisibility
- Geokinetic Regeneration
- Ground Rupturing
- Healing Earth
- Seismic Sense sense/perceive vibrations in the earth.
- Stone Scrying
- Alloy Manipulation - control alloys.
- Asphalt Manipulation - control asphalt.
- Bio-Earth Manipulation
- Building Mixture Manipulation
- Calcium Manipulation - control calcium.
- Carbon Manipulation - control carbon.
- Clay Manipulation - control clay.
- Coal Manipulation - control coal.
- Conceptual Earth Manipulation
- Concrete Manipulation - control concrete.
- Cosmic-Earth Manipulation
- Crystal Manipulation - control crystalline materials.
- Dark Earth Manipulation
- Death Earth Manipulation
- Demonic Earth Manipulation
- Divine Earth Manipulation
- Dust Manipulation - control dust particles.
- Lunar Dust Manipulation - control lunar dust.
- Earth Embodiment
- Earth Energy Manipulation
- Earth Magic
- Empathic Earth Manipulation
- Esoteric Earth Manipulation
- Fossil Manipulation - control fossils.
- Glass Manipulation - control silica.
- Ground Manipulation - control the ground.
- Life Earth Manipulation
- Liquid Ground Manipulation - control quicksand, liquefied soil and quick clay.
- Magma Manipulation - control magma, lava or other extremely hot solids.
- Metal Manipulation - control metals.
- Mineral Manipulation - control minerals and rocks.
- Mud Manipulation - control mud.
- Oil Manipulation - control natural oils from within the earth.
- Plaster Manipulation - control plaster and stucco.
- Putty Manipulation - control putties.
- Primordial Earth Manipulation
- Psychic Earth Manipulation
- Pure Earth Manipulation
- Salt Manipulation - control salt.
- Sand Manipulation - control silicate particles of the earth.
- Soil Manipulation - control dirt and soil.
- Spiritual Earth Manipulation
Some universes include Plant Manipulation as a form of earth manipulation.
- Architecture Manipulation
- Ash Manipulation control the ashes as they become part of the soil.
- Smoke Manipulation smoke is basically microscopic ash.
- Bone Manipulation by manipulating calcium.
- Cave Manipulation
- Earth Boundary
- Earth Weaponry
- Elemental Manipulation
- Erosion Manipulation
- Geoelectricity Manipulation
- Geomagnetism Manipulation
- Gravity Manipulation
- Hill Manipulation
- Mountain Manipulation
- Nigh-Omniscience towards everything related towards earth.
- Paint Manipulation
- Plains Manipulation
- Solid Manipulation
- Terrain Manipulation
- Valley Manipulation
- Underworld Lordship - the underworld is often said to reside under the earth.
As one of the classical Elements, Earth is associated with:
- May be unable to create the earth, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user and their power's natural limits.
- May have to be/stay in contact with the earth.
- Glass and artificial solids may be hard or impossible to control.
- Geokinetic Immunity
- May not be able to control extraterrestrial (Alien) earthen elements.
- Earthen materials may be weak against erosion caused by water, ice or air.
See Also: Dishing Out Dirt.
- Key of Domination (Honkai Impact 3rd)