- "My imagination offered up feverish pictures of a great bloated mass of slobbering malodorous flesh, pocked with gaping mouths, clashing mandibles, protruding rubbery tentacles, and drunkenly weaving eyestalks — then it gave up altogether and retired from the field in disgrace. Whatever I might imagine, what was actually waiting at the bottom of this nest was inevitably going to be worse."
- ― The War Against the Chtorr
- "We didn’t want to go, we didn’t want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time…"
- ― 1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead on Slender Man
- "For one trillion years I've been trapped in my own decaying dimension, waiting for a new universe to call my own. Name's Bill! But you can call me your new lord and master for all of eternity!"
- ― Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls)
- "Are you afraid? One such as yourself?! Of extraordinary beings such as us? Or perhaps of the future you will follow?"
- ― Void (Berserk)
- "Words describing it fail. Pages relating it shrivel. Tales recounting it end."
- ― Magic: The Gathering, "Nemesis of Reason"
- "What's your name?
Yokoth. Star of madness. Ravager of galaxies. Mother of faceless hordes."
- ― Yokoth talking with Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
- "Before there was time. Before there was anything... there was nothing. And before there was nothing... there were monsters."
- ― The Lich (Adventure Time)
- "We never made contact with alien life, at least, nothing comprehensible or discernible for human understanding. The stars are vast, and in their vastness our voices have touched the ears of something truly incomprehensible. Something hungry and malevolent."
- ― Unnamed Narrator (The Quiet Sky)
The power to use the abilities of an eldritch abomination. Variation of Cosmic Entity Physiology.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Variations
- 5 Associations
- 6 Limitations
- 7 Known Users
- 8 Known Objects
- 9 Known Locations
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Videos
- Cosmic/Lovecraftian Horror
- Eldritch Abomination/Entity/God/Horror Physiology
- Eldritch Form
- Outsider Physiology
A user with this ability either is or can transform into an eldritch abomination, a being whose very existence defies the rules of nature and/or existence and is defined by its disregard for the natural laws of the universe as we understand them. They wield godlike powers and are, for the most part, not bound by the laws of the universe. Their true form cannot be grasped by mortal beings and may be interpreted differently by different individuals/species, with others creating a collective delusion of their form. These interpretations can range from the unusual to the awe-inspiring, to the mind-shatteringly terrifying. It is rare, but not unheard of, for the presence of such a being to benefit the universe it currently inhabits.
- Alien Mind: the inner workings of the user's mind differ greatly from what could be considered "normal" or "sane" by the standards of most living things.
- Absolute Wisdom: the user's intellectual faculties (memory, calculation, learning, creativity, etc.) transcend virtually all other sentient beings in their universe.
- Amorphous Physiology: is composed of a flexible, amorphous substance that can be manipulated in a variety of ways
- Contagious Influence: can taint those around them with a physio-psychoactive influence that can twist and warp their very appearance and mindset to whatever the individual desires.
- Cosmic Manipulation: create, shape, and manipulate cosmic energies to produce nearly any effect they desire.
- Dimensional Link: can make connections to pure sources of energy from any dimension to create new powers of their own and allow others to use a small portion of their powers.
- Divine Presence: can emit transcendent presence which has supernatural effects related to their divine aspect and their relative disposition
- Eldritch Soul: has the soul of an eldritch entity from beyond the known universe, whether because they are descended from an eldritch abomination or born too close to some anomaly leading to some realm outside the multiverse as we understand it.
- Eldritch Energy Manipulation: can generate, manipulate, and control eldritch energy, energy often associated with themselves.
- Fanaticism Inducement: can induce fanaticism, the belief in something with uncritical zeal, or with an obsessive enthusiasm.
- Fatal Countenance: Have a face/appearance/true form that kills whoever sees it.
- Fear Inducement: can evoke and increase fear and horror in others.
- Foreign Energy/Material Manipulation
- Insanity Inducement
- Logic Manipulation: can achieve fundamentally impossible feats on a whim, and freely redefine what's possible and impossible.
- Lovecraftian Powers: user's powers are eldritch in nature.
- Madness Manipulation: can absorb, create, control, and manipulate Madness/Insanity of themselves, others, or the madness energy around themselves.
- Menacing/Mesmerizing Presence
- Organic Abomination: is or can transform into an organic abomination, being of biological source, vast proportions, and hideous nature.
- Omnifarious: has complete and absolute control over their own being, allowing them to manipulate their shape, density, size or to be solid, liquid, gaseous, or pure energy.
- Personal Domain: has a personal domain: an area in which a being has absolute power, through magical, supernatural, scientifically, or other means, which may be a physical area or an entire dimension.
- Power Bestowal
- Psycho Warping
- Singularity: is absolutely one of a kind, they cannot be replicated/cloned, have their powers mimicked, or be mimicked by shapeshifters or illusionists or even mimic the user's voice, handwriting, skills/movements, etc.
- Soul Absorption: can absorb souls, while removing them from the source, into their body and use it in various ways, gaining some form of advantage.
- Soul Reading: can perceive and read the souls, whether free (i.e. dead, astral projection, etc) or in the body. They can study and observe the nature of one's soul and find weaknesses based on the nature of the observed souls.
- Telekinesis: can influence/manipulate/move objects/matter with their mind.
- Telepathy: can read/sense another person's thoughts, communicate with them mentally, or affect their minds/thoughts.
- Transcendent Physiology
- Name Identification: can learn the true name of a victim by looking at a person or object, ignoring aliases and other false names.
- Unnatural Presence: The user's mere presence in an area or proximity to an individual can result in bizarre changes to the surrounding areas.
- Unidemic Creation: The user is capable of creating a unidemic, an infectious outbreak that grows into the galactic levels.
- Animalistic Abomination: Virtually identical to the above ability, but always confined to a form more or less similar to a terrestrial animal. Users of this variation may be weaker, but also much stealthier due to their "less" horrific presence. (Example: Tailed Beasts, Naruto)
- Botanical Abomination: Similar version to the above ability, but confined to a form more or less similar to a plant/flora. Users of this variation may be weaker, but also much stealthier due to their "less" horrific presence. (Example: Ogdru Hem, Hellboy/BPRD)
- Cthulhu Mythos Deity Physiology: Similar version, to be of the Cthulhic pantheon is to command the forces other lesser outsider entities as well as create them to suit their various needs. (Example: Cthulhu, Lovecraftian Horror)
- Higher-Dimensional Abomination Physiology: A similar version of the above. Due to existing within a higher dimensional plane of existence, they can move about through most any/all planes unabated. (Example: Shuma-Gorath, Marvel Comics)
- Humanoid Abomination: Virtually identical to the above ability, but always confined to a more or less humanoid form. Users of this variation may be weaker, but also much stealthier due to their "less" horrific presence. (Example: The God Hand, Berserk)
- Impossible Physiology: Exists in defiance of not only natural law but every single law of existence and possibility. (Example: Rei Ogami, Code: Breaker)
- Last Entity Physiology: A form of existence pertaining to the end of all things, these eldritch beings are born from the true end of time and existence. (Example: Illithids, Forgotten Realms)
- Primordial Entity Physiology: Similar to an eldritch being, but one that predates the known sense of recorded existence. Primordial entities are not simply beings who stem from simply being outside of reality but come into being before concepts were even realized. (Example: The Darkness/Amara, Supernatural)
- Apocalyptic Force Manipulation
- Ascended Physiology
- Boundary Manipulation
- Chaos Manipulation
- Chaotic Form
- Cosmic Entity Physiology
- Cosmic Hunger
- Cosmic Otherness
- Dimensional Imprisonment
- Eldritch Being Manipulation
- Eldritch Energy Manipulation
- Eldritch Entity Creation
- Eldritch Machine Physiology
- Eldritch Magic
- Existential Manifestations
- Evil Deity Physiology
- Fallen Physiology
- Primordial Force Manipulation
- Reality Consumption
- May be unable to fully manifest in our universe without being let in, or at least focus their attention to the right place.
- Native deities and cosmic beings may seek to banish/destroy the user.
- Their presence may be easily felt, making stealth all but impossible.
- Might be susceptible to Sealing or Banishment.
- May be unable to inhabit the normal universe without sufficient nourishment.
See Also: Eldritch Abomination.
- Beherits (Berserk)
- Eldritch Flame (Growtopia)
See Also: Eldritch Locations.
- Room 1408 (1408)
- "Event Horizon" Spaceship (Event Horizon)
- R'lyeh (Cthulhu Mythos)
- The Dreamlands (Cthulhu Mythos)
- The Far Lands (Minecraft)
- The Shroud (Stellaris)
- The Immaterium/The Warp (Warhammer 40.000)