- "There's nothin' like a fistful o' lightnin', now is there?"
- ― Atlas (BioShock)
- "I could pull electricity out of the air, I became...Johnny Ohm!"
- ― Johnny Ohm (Marvel Nemesis: The Imperfects)
- "What can I say? I identify with Pikachu."
- ― Virgil Hawkins/Static (Milestone/DC Comics)
- Electric Current Manipulation
- Electric Charge Manipulation
- Electrical Energy Manipulation
- Lightning Bending/Control/Manipulation
- Lightning Element Control
- Lightning Style/Raiton 雷遁 (Naruto)
- Thunderlight Manipulation
User can create, shape and manipulate electricity, a form of energy resulting from the movement of charged particles (such as electrons or protons), allowing control over electric fields, all charge carriers (Ions, Electrons, Protons, and Positrons), electronics, and electromagnetic forces.
- Charged Particles Manipulation
- Conduct, heat and/or charge objects with electricity.
- Electrical Telekinesis
- Electric Field Manipulation
- Electricity Absorption
- Electricity Attacks
- Electrical Constructs
- Electricity Detection
- Electricity Generation/Ionization
- Electricity Negation
- Electricity Solidification
- Electric Pull to pull themselves toward something or to pull things toward them.
- Electromagnetism Manipulation
- Manipulate the properties of electricity.
- Thunder Manipulation
- Bio-Electricity Manipulation
- Electric Aura
- Electric Transmutation
- Electrical Healing by charging with electricity, which accelerates the healing of cells.
- Electrical Signal Manipulation
- Electrical Telepathy
- Electrical Transportation by using electricity to teleport.
- Electrical Wall Crawling
- Electricity Defense
- Electricity Empowerment
- Electricity Mimicry
- Electricity Portal Creation
- Electrokinetic Combat
- Electrokinetic Invisibility
- Electronic Communication
- Electronic Disruption
- Electrical Enhanced Condition
- Electrolysis on atomized water.
- Lightning Bolt Projection
- Lightning Calling
- Positive Electricity Manipulation
- Prevalent Discharge
- Static Electricity Manipulation
- Super Charge
- Black Lightning Manipulation
- Conceptual Lightning Manipulation
- Cosmic-Electric Manipulation
- Death Electricity Manipulation
- Deity Lightning Manipulation
- Demonic Lightning Manipulation
- Divine Lightning Manipulation
- Electricity Embodiment
- Electricity Magic
- Electron Manipulation
- Empathic Electricity Manipulation
- Esoteric Lightning Manipulation
- Geoelectricity Manipulation
- Life Electricity Manipulation
- Multicolored Lightning Manipulation
- Physical Lightning Manipulation
- Positron Manipulation
- Primordial Lightning Manipulation
- Psychic Lightning Manipulation
- White Lightning Manipulation
- Electrical Immunity
- Electricity Weaponry
- Electromagnetism Manipulation - potentially as a byproduct of this power.
- Electrolytic Blood
- Elemental Manipulation
- Energy Manipulation
- Fire Manipulation by manipulating the atoms in different ways.
- Heat Generation
- Ionic Manipulation
- Kinetic Energy Manipulation
- Light Manipulation
- Lightning Induced Powers
- Magnetism Manipulation
- Brain Manipulation
- Neural Impulse Manipulation - by redirecting the electrical signals between the brain and nerves, they can achieve control over thoughts, feelings, and movement of a body under this power.
- Plasma Manipulation
- Potential Energy Manipulation
- Resurrection - by restarting a person's heart or reviving their dead nerve cells by applying electric energy.
- Spark Manipulation
- Storm Manipulation
- Technology Manipulation - by controlling the electrical functions of technology.
- Thunder Manipulation
- Users of Electrical Immunity are not affected.
- Distance, force, precision, etc. depend upon the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user and their power's natural limits.
- Electricity needs a conductor like metal or water to move through, therefore electricity can neither exist in nor move through a vacuum (such as outer space) and may be insulated by non-conductive matter, such as air and rubber.
- May be unable to create electricity, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Electricity may be redirected by certain materials.
- A strong enough magnetic force/source may be beneficial or a hindrance.
- May be limited only to the path of least resistance.
- May become useless if confronted with electrical resistant material, such as rubber, silicate, etc.
- May have to find electrical sources of power in order to recharge.
- Reflection Manipulation could cause a problem since it's unclear if users are immune or not.
- May have problems using electronics.
- May be short-circuited under certain conditions:
- Contact with water, a magnet, the opposite polarity, etc.
- Absence/lack of electrical resistance between the positive and negative polarities.
- Weak against Electricity Negation.
In universes such as The Avatar series, electricity manipulation requires the user to be mentally stable with the complete absence of emotions and peace of mind. Physically, it requires separating the energies of yin and yang, which in our universe can be interpreted as positive and negative electric potential energy respectively. When the yin (positive chi energy) and yang (negative chi energy) collide together to become whole again, lightning is created. Essentially, it's similar to matter and anti-matter collision. In which when they collide, they release pure energy in the form of protons and electrons (photons are nothing but light, not electricity). Supposedly in the Avatar Universe, the combination of yin and yang release the pure energy in the form of electricity.
Electrokinesis is also the term used in Electrohydrodynamics to refer to the movement of a fluid or particle by an electric field in a fluid with a net mobile charge. To prevent possible confusion, one could use the term Fulgurkinesis to refer to someone with the power to manipulate lightning. However, the term Electrokinesis to refer to fictional users of the power is commonly used enough that it's unlikely to be a major source of confusion.
Because electricity can get extremely hot when lightning passes through the air, lightning can heat the air it passes through to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit (5 times hotter than the surface of the sun).
See Also: Shock and Awe.
- Nemesis Whip (God of War)
- Thalesian Amber (Hungry Joker)
- Electro-Blast Ring/Lighting (Marvel Comics)
- Rumble-Rumble Fruit/Goro Goro no Mi (One Piece)
- Clima Tacts (One Piece)