- "It is said that emotions are the language of the soul. But what happens when that expression is muted? What becomes of feelings... that have no voice?"
- ― Awakening Opening Words (The Outer Limits)
- "When you act according to emotions, nothing good results."
- ― Miyuki Shirogane (KAGUYA-SAMA: LOVE IS WAR)
- "We don't get together to share our emotions. We get together to escape them."
- "Yeah, I'd tell you guys I love you, but, uh, I don't want to say it, and you don't want to hear it."
- "To Nothing!"
- ― Homer Simpson, Moe Szyslak, and Lenny Lenford (The Simpsons
- Apathy Inducement
- Emotional Negation
- Indifference Inducement
- Listlessness Inducement
Users of this ability can suppress or negate emotions, allowing them to cause others to ignore emotional distractions and/or feeling from affecting their thinking-processes. They can also make others uncaring, detached, indifferent and even catatonic. Some users can even negate certain emotions while keeping others active.
- Grant immunity to emotion based powers.
- Imperceptibility by negating the emotions of presence.
- Power Immunity limited to empathic abilities
- Power Negation limited to empathic abilities
- Negate the abilities of those with Empathic Mimicry.
- Able to slip past Lie Detection due to lack of emotions prevents change in expression or heartbeat.
- Emotion Manipulation
- Emotion Separation
- Emotional Performance
- Empathic Shield
- Instinct Negation
- Mental Inducement
- Mental Nullification
- May be harder to suppress strong emotions.
- User may be limited to themselves or other beings.
- May be limited to certain emotions.
- Useless against users of Apathy as they have no emotions to negate.
- High level users of Empathy may be immune.
- Soulcutter (Book of Swords)
- Medical Mechanica Headphones (FLCL: Progressive)
- Zombie Tattoo (Marchen Awakens Romance)
- Failed SMILE Devil Fruits (One Piece)
- Cruxis Crystals (Tales of Symphonia); when used without a Key Crest
- Stream of Silence (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)