- "Whether skyward bound, adrift in time, or steeped in the glowing embers of twilight, the sacred blade is forever bound to the soul of the hero."
- ― Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
- Living Weapons
- Quasi/Semi/Virtual Sentient Weapons
The user possesses and utilizes a semi-living weapon(s) that only they can use, because it can sense their intentions and, at times, actually possesses conscious thought. The user has a symbiotic relationship with the weapon(s) and can manipulate and gain special powers from it.
- Adaptive Weaponry
- Empathic Power
- Powers Via Object
- Sentient Weaponry
- Soul-Bound Weapon
- Symbiotic Weaponry
- Weapon Creation
- Weapon Empowerment
- Weapon Manipulation
- Weapon Proficiency
- Weapon Summoning
- Worthiness Enchantment
- Weapon chooses it's wielder.
- Weapon may have their own agenda and try force wielders to do what they want.
- Weapon and wielder may need to work together at times.
- Users of Supernatural and Absolute Weapon Proficiency can use empathic weapons with ease.
- If weapon is limited by worthiness, Worthiness Bypassing could use it as well.
- Magic Stones (Black Clover)
- Livlaster (Captain Earth)
- Mistress (DC Comics); Artemis's Battle Axe.
- Orga Lux (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk); are prized weapons belonging to the Integrated Enterprise Foundation, each of them carry a will of their own and chooses their own wielders.
- Jack's Sword (Samurai Jack)
- Chaos Emeralds (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Demon Swords (Highschool DxD); each carry a will of their own and chooses their wielder and they may even reject their wielder.
- Excalibur/Caliburn (Heroine Chic);only true leaders can pick up the sword such as Avalon and King Arthur and can summon the soul of The Wizard Merlin.
- Elements of Harmony (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)