- "I immediately dived in, looking for him, I must have been in those frigid waters for over an hour before I was forced to give up the search."
- ― Steve Rogers/Captain America (Captain America #384)
- "I choke myself everyday, you dumb bastard."
- ― Glenn Quagmire to Jeff Fecalman (Family Guy)
- "What! You saying you can breathe underwater?"
- "That would be impossible. I need to take a breath every two hours."
- ― J and K (Men In Black: The Series)
The power to have extraordinary lung capacity. Sub-power of Enhanced Condition.
- Pressurized Lung Capacity
The user has lung capacity and/or ability to use the oxygen very effectively enabling them to hold their breath for extended periods of time while staying active. This may also include birdlike lungs that allow the user to keep their lungs constantly filled with fresh air.
- Aerial Adaptation
- Atmospheric Adaptation
- Avian Physiology
- Aquatic Breathing
- Ballistic Scream
- Cetacean Physiology
- Enhanced Breath
- Enhanced Condition
- Oxygen Independence
- Reptilian Physiology
- Respiratory System Manipulation
- Sonic Scream
- Vacuum Adaptation
- While this ability allows one to survive extended periods without breathing, that doesn't mean they don't need air, but they can survive for long periods without it. Sooner or later they are going to have to breathe.
- Free-diving is a mundane and learn-able version of this power.