- "The spear can be used to thrust, it can also become a halberd to cleave or a scythe to slash. In any case, it never fails to hit."
- ― A teaching of Hōzōin-ryū samurai spearmanship.
- "If it's a God then I will kill it with this spear. Come, let the battle begin."
- ― Cao Cao on the True Longinus (Highschool DxD)
- "There is not a single practitioner of the spear, who does not know the name of Earl Shi of Wei."
- ― Ou Hon of the Gyoku Hou Unit on Earl Shi of the Wei Fire Dragons (Kingdom)
- "All I have done and all I ever will do is to keep moving forward while piercing through anyone who stands in my way!!"
- ― Ou Hon of the Gyoku Hou Unit to Gyou'Un (Kingdom)
The ability to be highly proficient in the way of the spear. Variation of Enhanced Polearm Proficiency.
- Enhanced Lancemanship
- Spear Proficiency
- Sojutsu (Art of the Spear)
- Qiang (枪: Spear)
Users are able to demonstrate a natural aptitude for the ways of the spear, including variations such as Tridents, Lances, and Javelins or spear-shaped weapons such as fictional spears. They are able to wield a spear with incredible proficiency in speed, power, and skill, allowing them to perform feats such as stopping and deflecting bullets, decimating large objects or areas, cutting through a solid material such as steel, and even hold back their strength to deal damage to their foes without killing them.
The user is able to operate with little or no effort, deliver skillful strikes to weak points with great precision and cut only and exactly what they want. This ability also allows them to become naturally skilled with multiple spears regardless of shape or size to suit their needs in combat. Their remarkably fast weapon control may allow them to bypass obstacles in order to cut their intended target.
- Counter an enemy's attacks and use their own strength against them.
- Cutting with a spear.
- Cutting Wave
- Defense Break
- Dual Wielding and/or Multi-Weapon Wielding
- Impale with a spear.
- Multi-Hit Strike with a spear.
- Pressure Strike
- Slash Effect/Projection
- Severing with a spear.
- Adoptive Muscle Memory
- Demonic Weaponry
- Divine Weaponry
- Empathic Weaponry
- Enhanced Combat
- Enhanced Polearm Proficiency
- Enhanced Staff Proficiency
- Intuitive Aptitude
- Magic Weaponry
- Sentient Weaponry
- Soul-Bound Weapon
- Weapon Creation
- Weapon Manipulation
- Weapon Physiology
- Weapon Proficiency Touch
- If the user possesses energy capabilities, they may be able to perform:
- Striking through solid objects (Bricks, Metals, Lava, etc.) would destroy most conventional weaponry (non-enchanted steel weapons, etc.)
- A user may be heavily reliant on spear-based combat and can be vulnerable if their spears are destroyed or taken away.
- May be limited to close range combat, which can have difficulty against opponents that can fight at a distance.