The power to gain powers through a symbiotic relationship with an environment/environmental being. Variation of Symbiosis.
- Ecosystem/Environ Symbiosis
- Habitat/Locale Symbiosis
- Terrain/Territory Symbiosis
The user can gain powers through a symbiotic relationship with an environment/environmental being. The host bonds with a particular ecosystem or territorial entity and is granted various abilities associated with that realm's nature (elemental, floral, faunal, climatic, etc.). Both host and environment can benefit and/or suffer due to each other's state of being. As with most forms of Symbiosis, it can come with a price.
- Ambient Energy Manipulation
- Environment Manipulation
- Environmental Power Link
- Landmass Mimicry
- Nature Manipulation
- Terrain Manipulation
- If sentient, the environment could take over the host’s mind and/or body (Possession).
- Powers may be tied to specific environment.
- Environment’s energy may harm or even destroy the host.
- Damage to the environment or bond with the environment could disrupt user’s power.
- Environment Destruction/Environmental Destabilization
- Host and environment may require both to need to be optimal state to function together.
- The Watcher (Are You Afraid of the Dark?)
- Huu (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Gaia (Captain Planet and the Planeteers)
- Doom Patrol (DC Comics); via Danny the Street
- Hades (DC Comics)
- Map (DC/Vertigo Comics)
- Jack Hawksmoor (DC/Wildstorm Comics)
- Marigold Child (Epic)
- Queen Tara (Epic)
- Grandmother (Gargoyles)
- Nymphs (Greek Mythology)
- Zashiki-warashi (Japanese Mythology)
- Champions of Mount Targon (League of Legends)
- Moana (Moana)
- Crunch the Rockdog (My Little Pony 'n Friends)