- "Before the beginning was the Night. And the night was without boundaries, and the night was without end."
- ― Mother Night (DC/Vertigo Comics)
- "Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night... will last... FOREVER!"
- ― Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
- Endless Night Inducement
- Neverending Night Inducement
- Permanent Night Inducement
The user is able to prevent the sun from rising again, effectively creating a permanent night.
- Absolute Darkness
- Circadian Manipulation
- Darkness Manipulation
- Lunar Manipulation
- Night Manipulation
- Rotational Energy Manipulation
- Time Stopping
- May mess with the flow of time to irreparable levels.
- Same effect with planet cycles.
- Opponents with Night Empowerment may be even tougher to defeat.
- Has extreme negative effects on nature.
- Medlock (Archie's Weird Mysteries)
- Dracula (Castlevania)
- Zachary (Charmed)
- Balanar (Defense Of The Ancients)
- Kaguya (InuYasha)
- The Void (Marvel Comics)
- Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony Friendship is Magic)
- Yami (Okami)
- Darkrai (Pokémon); via controlling the concept of time
- Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
- Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
- Polar Night (Valkyrie Crusade)
- The Darkness (Vanishing on 7th Street)
- The Boogie Man (The Powerpuff Girls); via giant disco ball
- Morgana (Trollhunters)
- Auriel's Bow (Skyrim: Dawnguard); when used with Bloodcursed Arrows
- Dark Key (Breath of Fire)
- Moonstones (Lego Monster Fighters)
- Night Sky Sword (Sword Art Online)
- Plague of Nights/Starscourge (Final Fantasy XV)
- Eye of Midnight (Elena of Avalor)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.